Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just surprised a 20YO could afford a $50,000 sports car. The insurance must be outrageous as well.
Many moons ago an acquaintance aged 21 purchased a used Porsche. He sold it after a year, as he could afford the car payments, but could not afford the insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just surprised a 20YO could afford a $50,000 sports car. The insurance must be outrageous as well.

You must be RICH! LOL

Nah, he is just working hard and making some bucks with his side job with car business stuff.

How do you then prepare them in a meal, or you just eat as is? Serious question 😎

Serious reply. We put this sh!t on/in everything here in the Southwest......

Any and all types of Mexican dishes (green and or red chile or both known also as Christmas). Enchiladas, stews, casseroles, chile rellenos, burritos, nachos. Put it into eggs for breakfast, on pizza, sandwiches, grilled cheese, mac-n-cheese. Its only limited by your imagination.

https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/hatch-chile-recipes/
You have to have them roasted as the outer skin is tough and not edible. Once roasted they put them into a large plastic bag and you take them home and let them "sweat" in the bag for a couple hours which helps to release the outer skin from the soft roasted inner pepper. After they cool you head to the sink and put on a pair of gloves. If you fail to do this you will be very very sorry as at some point you will touch your eyes or your private areas and you will be very very sorry you did not have gloves on......... You will cry.....

You can either peel the outer skin off now or later when you use them. Some folks believe they retain better flavor to leave the skins on before you put the into freezer bags for long term storage. Others will peel them now so they are more ready to go.

Some folks will buy 2,3,4,5 huge sacks (or large boxes these days) each Fall and use them all up basically in one 12 mo period.

In these parts once you have green chile (or red) enough times you acquire a taste for it so much you basically need a chile fix every week or so.

1691249035831.png

Mmm, might be time for some peppers on the charcoal grill. Have two "Big Jim" New Mexico pepper plants and an Utri for dried paprika in pots. About 15 fruits on the NM plants, most of the peppers are 6-8 inches long at this point, the biggest is 9". I tend to let them go until one of the peppers starts showing some darkness on the way to red, then I process them. If I feed the plant real well afterwards and keep it watered, I'll get a second batch in early October if the weather behaves.

8-5-23_nmp-1.jpg

8-5-23_utri-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back