Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I don't have to worry about the ice anymore. SW winds pushing all the water out of the bay.
If you get a NE wind, you get water splashing onto the grass. So no one here can keep a boat by the dock.
Marina 2 miles down the road. You also need the "heavy duty" dock. Some people try a wooden dock, but it
ends up in pieces on my rocks.
1649955904842.jpeg

1649956001465.jpeg

Actually hoping a few walleyes would be stuck in the smaller pools.
1649956030620.jpeg

Last edited:
There was no beer gut in those days. I was like ~37 I think in that pic and I was still Triathlon training 6 days a week. And no I most definitely do NOT burn as many calories these days! LOL

#1 - showoff!
#2 - I bet you don't burn as many calories these days, lol.
#3 - where is the beer gut?

But, what was in your glass?

It was a pretty decent wine, as these things go. But forgettable.

UNDER EDIT: I enlarged the pic until I got the name. Here you go... I think they overstate things (SHOCKING!)... but it was a better wine than average for these events. It turned out one of the profs at our table was formerly a wine server at a CA restaurant, so he went around the table with the bottle and poured. That kind of night.

https://www.wiredforwine.com/produc...y-illIB9t6PSLUntczuhjX6vmNsrSXuwaAnBQEALw_wcB

Last edited:
At least it appears to be a real winery and not a Faux winery (aka Total Wine).

https://jaxvineyards.com/san-francisco-tasting-room/

Yes, and they had it available at the social that preceded the dinner, too. I told the bartender on first sip that it was a cut above the wines I have been served at these events before. I have another event coming up in mid-May and was hoping the input would improve things, lol! I would faint and fall back if they would serve a 90-pointer, which they easily could do at the same retail price, though I am sure Sodexo gets a huge break on the volumes it must buy. Everything was really good. No rubber chicken. Instead a fork-tender roast beef and also grilled salmon (excellent), with heirloom carrots, green beans, new potatoes and salad. The meal was also above average, but then Blue Origin was helping foot the bill. :D

They could do that easily if they just look...... The H3 Cab is back! Usually only $12 on many wine aisles.......
Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.23.34 AM.png

I would faint and fall back if they would serve a 90-pointer, which they easily could do at the same retail price,

They could do that easily if they just look...... The H3 Cab is back! Usually only $12 on many wine aisles.......
View attachment 87065

Oh yeah, if we wanted to list them there are lots. They could serve a genuine Bordeaux in the 90-93 point range, too, or an Australian shiraz of 90-95 points. I am not a big cabernet fan. I think the biggest factor in what they serve is the deal they get, lol. The Y3 lowball retail is $15.95, and if Sodexo is buying 50 cases or so, it is likely much lower than that.

#1 - showoff!
#2 - I bet you don't burn as many calories these days, lol.
#3 - where is the beer gut?

There was no beer gut in those days. I was like ~37 I think in that pic and I was still Triathlon training 6 days a week. And no I most definitely do NOT burn as many calories these days! LOL

To be fair, that was long enough ago that the canyon wasn't as deep as it is now! 😂

When your lunch is being cooked by combustion engineers... from the The University of Alabama in Huntsville's Propulsion Research Center 30th Anniversary Picnic today. Fun!

IMG_20220415_122433218_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220415_122245612_HDR.jpg

Ohhh-Kayy, two days of this! Back to the diet, lol.

This is a tradition all over the DR, every single household makes this. “Habichuelas con dulce”.
A tradición for Holy Week 100%.

Yep, a dessert for sure but in large quantities 🤪🤪
Made with red beans, sugar, raisins, a bit of sweet potatoes, condensed milk, evaporated milk, cinnamon and maybe other stuff 🤷‍♂️

Small sweet crackers on top. I like it!!

0842C557-A293-42DA-B57E-380A31AB0C65.jpeg

Latest posts

Back