Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm one of those sick people who loves winter. Hawaii...blah! Southern California...yuck! Too much hot, too much sand. I'm anxious to grab my board and hit the slopes some more! Woot!

Ummm, you do realize you can snowboard and ski in Hawaii, right?

(Note the observatory in the background.)
snowboard-mauna-kea.jpg

I just got a new board this season, but my old one is the exact same board in the pic!

Sign at the trailhead of one of our favorite hiking spots where we can go and let the dog off lead….. I don't think anything has been found in the last 20 years but I guess you can't say you weren't warned! :)

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

Nice pics, how is the taste on the blueberry/ elderberry

The taste is great. its only a a few months old. will be fantastic if I could keep it awhile.

I have a pile of elderberries in my freezer, never thought of an elderberry/blueberry, now you have me thinking on this. Lol, yea the toughest part of winemaking is trying to keep some bottles on the shelf longer than a couple of months.

That does sound good! What ratio of blueberries and elderberries did you use? Or did you make two different wines and blend?

I once made a blend of 50% blueberries and 50% elderberries. It was one of the best wines I have made. I called it "Old Blue" for "elder" and "blueberry". It was dry and slightly oaked.

I have one bottle left in my cellar. I think it's now 11 years old. The last bottle I opened was about 3 years ago and it was still holding up really well.

Wow! Sounds amazing! I love hearing stories about how long fruit wines can last in storage! I'm going to try this next year after my elderberry harvest. Did you use oak on the secondary as cubes or stick what kind or did you use a barrel? I don't plan to buy a large barrel anytime soon but sure would be interested in oaking in primary or secondary...

That does sound good! What ratio of blueberries and elderberries did you use? Or did you make two different wines and blend?

I make 2 different batches then blend together 2 gallon blueberry to 1gallon elderberry that's the ratio I like.

Did you use oak on the secondary as cubes or stick what kind or did you use a barrel? I don't plan to buy a large barrel anytime soon but sure would be interested in oaking in primary or secondary...

I used oak cubes in the secondary for this one. If I were to do it again I would also add some oak chips in the primary.

RR, I don't remember seeing it either so I'm glad you did. Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back