Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently had opportunity to tour Vizcaya, the home of James Deering, the former CEO of McCormick-Deering and later International Harvester Co. Vizcaya is located in South Miami, Florida and is an architectural and horticultural treasure. This pergola is on the edge of the estate and overlooks Biscayne Bay. I really want to go back again. The place is beautiful!

That's cool. I am a big man.

My dad worked for them for 30 years. Here he is in the mid-60s getting some kind of management award at a company function. Mom's in the white dress.

Biggest was an 18-inch largemouth bass. There are some nice pan-sized bream (bluegill to Yankees) and catfish, too. I've got 2 ponds.

Four of us fishing, and we were touching the water with the hook and the fish were jumping on it that day. I love looking at May pix in January. Everything is so shockingly green. :)
Nice! I'd love to have my own pond. Congrats on the medals too!

Yeah, it's a Glow Worm, I think they may still sell them, but they are designed a bit differently than they used to be (shorter bodies, softer plastic, and a more delicate facial look). This is my daughter about 4 years ago, I can't remember why she was so happy, but it sure looks like she was having a heckuva good time. I suppose I was just lucky enough to have found this one on an old SD card.

January Avacado

Are you sure that's an avocado? Sure looks like citrus to me. Nice picture with all that frost crystals behind it.

Yes- it's an Avocado Phil. We live in an octagonal envelope house and that is out in the buffering sunspace. We have olives, alpine strawberries, petunias that have turned into perennials and bloom all year, passion plants, geraniums and assorted succulents out there. Kind of keeps you going through the winters up here in the mountains.

Flew out on Friday morning to visit our Daughter and SIL in SoCal. Heading back today….. :( The temp on Friday was 79 degrees….. I like Winter in California! :sm

1533870_10200547107479105_886276850_n.jpg

A view of the Na Pali coast along the Kalalau trail from Haena State Park to Hanakapiai Beach in Kaui, Hawaii. Nice to reflect upon when it is -12 F where I am.

napalicoast.jpg

WOW! Beautiful scene!

I can relate to the -12 crappola here in the Twin Cities. I just checked the 10 day forecast and we have at least 3 more days where we drive to work in below zero cold.

we had a pretty good snow here in north central alabama today. The weathermen really botched this one. I knew it was coming as I have been watching vapor masses in texas and oklahoma and the two merged to make a large one.

They sure did and I knew North Central Alabama was going to get hit. The were focusing on a vapor mass in south Texas and they rightfully predicted that would hit south alabama. What they did not take into consideration was that there was another vapor mass in Oklahoma and I watched it beginning to merge with the one in the south.

Birmingham is a mess. thousand of motorist trying to get home abandoned their cars to walk home or go to a shelter set up by businesses and churches and school. I live in the mountains so I will be lucky to get out thursday.

It is hard to make out but this is the first snow our little dog has seen snow.

emmieinsnow4_zps22c0a208.jpg

This is Emmie Lou Harris asking her mother what part of this is fun

emmieinsnow3_zpsce3738cd.jpg

wordy...when married my wife bought a goat to be with the horse...the horse kicked his eye out...its name was buster..he was my best friend until..he met up with a pack of coyotes. long live buster.

Latest posts

Back