Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a fantastic year for runoff in these parts. This is about 20 min from the house in the Jemez mountains.

60650997_2325183307505072_8331748448386678784_n.jpg

Phoenix is pretty bad at times as well. We were just there at Xmas for a few days and we sat on I10 for an hour trying to get to family who live in Litchfield Park. When we left a few days later we sat on I17 for 30-40 mins in the middle of nowhere trying to get to Flag so we could head East to ABQ. In both cases a small fender bender snarled things for a long time. There is a boatload of people in AZ. There are many many boatloads of people in LA though!

My understanding is that Phoenix in the fastest growing city in the nation. We're roughly 100 miles north of that so our traffic is much different. Still, it is a large city and we try to avoid heading downtown here as much as we did in Los Angeles. We also have a lot of 2 lane highways, like the I17, with 75mph speed limits, accidents tend to be disruptive with slow recovery times. I'M STILL NOT MOVING BACK!!!!!
Mike

I don't blame you in the least! I left Houston 33 years ago because of the traffic, congestion and horrible weather and never looked back and never happier to be out of someplace. I seem to have found the last State in the US that nobody seems to know exist or they think its part of Mexico only "newer" or something. Costco is 100 miles away from me and I can still be in the parking lot in 75 minutes door to door.

Speaking of faster growing areas, I just saw this today (San Antonio paper) and yes, Phoenix (and Buckeye) wins!

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.03.38 AM.png

My understanding is that Phoenix in the fastest growing city in the nation. We're roughly 100 miles north of that so our traffic is much different. Still, it is a large city and we try to avoid heading downtown here as much as we did in Los Angeles. We also have a lot of 2 lane highways, like the I17, with 75mph speed limits, accidents tend to be disruptive with slow recovery times. I'M STILL NOT MOVING BACK!!!!!
Mike

So, my wife has been keeping me busy after I retired about a year ago. This is what the bar area looked like when we moved in in 2012.
Village Walk #2 011.jpg
This is what it looks like today

20190526_151202.jpg
20190526_151303.jpg
20190526_152012.jpg
She wanted something that would commemorate the horse that she had, so I made her this.
20190526_151647.jpg
I just started making wine from kits last Nov. These are the ones that I have bottled so far. I also have a chard clearing in a carboy. Hopefully it will be ready to bottle in 3 weeks.
20190526_152302.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back