Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe a year has passed since an old friend of mine and I decided to get away for a fishing trip once a year no matter what. This time we met up in Bishop Ca, in the eastern sierras on Friday, fished the local dam and had an odd pizza for dinner, Taco Pizza??. Saturday was just awesome though, We rented a boat on Southlake for the entire day. While it was 100 degrees on the floor of the Owens Valley it was in the low 70's at 9,820 elevation (lake level). Ended the day at a place called Holy Smoke Texas BBQ, really good stuff. Picture of the boat dock at Southlake and me and some fish from the Dam. Take a good look at the mountains around and
above the lake noting that it's at 10,000 feet, no clue how tall that range is. Next year is Utah!Limit.jpgSouthLake.jpg
Mike

Awesome, Mike. Since a friend just got back from climbing Mt. Whitney, I had to know the answer to your question. I think Google maps says those peaks are 13,500' +/-.

Awesome, Mike. Since a friend just got back from climbing Mt. Whitney, I had to know the answer to your question. I think Google maps says those peaks are 13,500' +/-.
Thanks, I'll throw this one in too, Lake Sabrina just before sunset, stone's throw from Southlake but lower at 9,120 feet. I ended up a little winded just walking from the parking lot to the boat docks, can't imagine climbing to 14,500.
Mike
SabrinaSmall.jpg

Thanks, I'll throw this one in too, Lake Sabrina just before sunset, stone's throw from Southlake but lower at 9,120 feet. I ended up a little winded just walking from the parking lot to the boat docks, can't imagine climbing to 14,500.
Mike
View attachment 50913

Her BF did the ascent and descent in 9 hours. She took, ahhhhh, let's just say considerably longer, but she made it. I was "first alternate" in case someone in their permitted party backed out, but it was not to be. :(

The Bisti Badlands are in the middle of nowhere close to Chaco Canyon (also in the middle of nowhere). No services, no water, no restrooms, no hotels, no signs, no trails (well, almost). Farmington, NM is probably the closest town with decent hotels and restaurants and its several hours away so all you can do is day trips where you get up at the crack of dawn to make it by early sunrise so you can hike an hour (or more) to get to the Hoodoo's and then enjoy a few hours of decent temps before it gets to be 100F (or more) in the Summer. Then if you are a "real" photographer you hang out in the shade (of the rocks, as there are no trees) and stay hydrated until close to sunset and then move quickly to catch the perfect light before it disappears........

Easy Peasy!

Stunning.

https://people.com/food/urban-outfitters-sipski-shower-wine-glass-holder/

Well.... I am building a new house, I'm sure a could budget a few of these.... His and Hers I'm thinking for that big walk in shower.
View attachment 50972
We used to use finger cots at work. Oh, the fun japes you can have with those!

I think these two posts may intersect to a place we don't want to be, or maybe we do? @Kraffty, nice beer choice, the wine could be darker red.

Back