Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, what do you call this? I saw one Nissan Leaf, parked next to another Nissan Leaf. Would you say that "there were two Nissan Leaves"? Or would you say "there were two Nissan Leafs"? If, like me, the latter sounds more natural, ask yourself if you would ever say "I saw two leafs fall off that oak tree."

DSCN1270 copy.jpg

Old antenna:
5-28-18_antenna-1.jpg

New antenna with a problem, which I noticed after I securely attached the mast to the rotor. I'm too tired to bring it down today, tomorrow is another day.

5-28-18_antenna-2.jpg

@ceeaton is that for local channels? What do you get for HD?
Varis, for all channels. I cut the cable back in 2007 when my wife quit her job and stayed home to raise the kids.

Usually any base channel has a 1080i channel then usually multiple low resolution channels (hard to tell when viewing). I've attached what I should get from my location. I used to get quite a few channels from Baltimore, and still should, but had to use the TV (Sammy sung) I got the kids a few years back to replace my LG that started having issues (it was 15 years old). The Samsung's tuner, for lack of a better word "sucks", so I need a really strong signal to have the TV pick up the signal. Also, I have to scan to add channels, where as the older TV would let you add a channel, which was nice (scan for your base channels, turn the antenna and add extra channels you pick up). I plan on purchasing a better main TV, since my wife wants the old one so she can do aerobics in the basement. Just gotta start researching them.

My main hope with this antenna is to be able to pick up some Philly FM stations (towers about 98 miles away) so I can listen to my beloved Eagles in the Fall (local stations never carry the post game interviews). Will have to see how many dB I loose with the splitter. Not sure if I'll split before or after the preamp, will test different senarios.

FYI, the HD channels OTA are usually better than cable since they have to cram and compress everything to fit into a certain bandwidth for cable.

Radar-Digital.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you
This site is out of Canada (link below), but I learned an awful lot from it (back in 2007-2009). If you get mostly VHF-Hi and UHF channels, there are some very nice plans for constructing your own antenna. You just have to be persistent to find them. The antenna in my "old antenna" photo, lasted over 10 years and was still working when I took it down. I was just having issues picking up one of the VHF-Hi stations we watch. I think that was due to the poor tuner that I have in our current TV.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/81-over-air-ota-digital-television/

Lil replacement heifer I'm raising up. Took these pix for my friend, who was watching the farm while we were on vacation when she was born. LOL, so I named her after him - Roberta!

33696530_10214556218633100_7133775678897389568_n.jpg 33691841_10214556219233115_586468373995454464_n.jpg

Okay, what do you call this? I saw one Nissan Leaf, parked next to another Nissan Leaf. Would you say that "there were two Nissan Leaves"? Or would you say "there were two Nissan Leafs"? If, like me, the latter sounds more natural, ask yourself if you would ever say "I saw two leafs fall off that oak tree."

View attachment 48970
Very deep. Definitely requires additional thought.

Varis, for all channels. I cut the cable back in 2007 when my wife quit her job and stayed home to raise the kids.

Usually any base channel has a 1080i channel then usually multiple low resolution channels (hard to tell when viewing). I've attached what I should get from my location. I used to get quite a few channels from Baltimore, and still should, but had to use the TV (Sammy sung) I got the kids a few years back to replace my LG that started having issues (it was 15 years old). The Samsung's tuner, for lack of a better word "sucks", so I need a really strong signal to have the TV pick up the signal. Also, I have to scan to add channels, where as the older TV would let you add a channel, which was nice (scan for your base channels, turn the antenna and add extra channels you pick up). I plan on purchasing a better main TV, since my wife wants the old one so she can do aerobics in the basement. Just gotta start researching them.

My main hope with this antenna is to be able to pick up some Philly FM stations (towers about 98 miles away) so I can listen to my beloved Eagles in the Fall (local stations never carry the post game interviews). Will have to see how many dB I loose with the splitter. Not sure if I'll split before or after the preamp, will test different senarios.

FYI, the HD channels OTA are usually better than cable since they have to cram and compress everything to fit into a certain bandwidth for cable.

View attachment 48975

Hmmmmm, very interested....

I love DirecTV programming but NOT their "creeping up" prices.
I think my wife would be happy with any provider as long as she gets 2 Spanish channels (Univision and Telemundo), but losing the DVR.....probably not willing to ditch that....

I'm sure there are many OTA channels in HD around my area (zip 06770), is just a matter of taking the plunge and doing it to cut $120 worth of a bill in a monthly basis. :ft

Back