Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after looking for about 3 weeks I finally gave up trying to find my lost Benchmade Griptilian knife. Bought an inexpensive Kershaw to replace my beloved Benchmade. Wouldn't you know it, found it this morning when I was out for a walk. Anybody need replacement parts for their Griptilian? :)

IMAG1438[1].jpg

@bkisel : I hope you got a good life out of the Benchmade. Looks like you took it for all its worth.

Think I had it for at least 10 years and yes I got a good life out of it. Over that period of time I probably lost and then found it a dozen times. I usually wind up loosing my pocket knives about every 3-4 years. If I loose this one then the next one will have to feature a lanyard hole so that I can tether the knife to my belt or belt loop. :(

So after looking for about 3 weeks I finally gave up trying to find my lost Benchmade Griptilian knife. Bought an inexpensive Kershaw to replace my beloved Benchmade. Wouldn't you know it, found it this morning when I was out for a walk. Anybody need replacement parts for their Griptilian? :)

I've got a long Case Stockman I had carried for 26 years that I lost for weeks. It has been in my pocket so much the bone handle was worn down smooth. Finally gave in and bought a newer, shorter one from a dealer friend for about he same price as the longer one had cost retail (I was a dealer back then so got it wholesale). Told my friendI had to buy new so I could find my other one. Sure enough, a week later, I found it and it is in my pocket right now. It works every time! Send your old faithful in for repairs. Why not?

Intersted in the Suntory feedback. Japanese are really into making good whiskey these days (like obsessed). Blind taste test?

I'm hosting a whisky night in a couple weeks, and the theme I picked is non-traditional whisky countries. So I have 5 whiskies from 5 different countries:

In order L-R, Germany, Sweden, Japan, South Africa, India.
View attachment 46158

looks good. Is that bud kind of like an ipa?

The 1933 Repeal Reserve is an amber recipe Adolphus Busch concocted that he was going to release nationally, but he was stopped by Prohibition so it was only ever in limited release in St. Louis back then. The new release was a limited release beer. Not an IPA but a very good craft style beer. You can taste the hops but they don't bludgeon you to death like so many craft IPAs do. Bud says it best on the website: "The amber lager consists of a light, hoppy aroma and a rich caramel-malt taste. As a nod to the pre-Prohibition era, Repeal Reserve boasts a higher ABV than original Budweiser – 6.1% vs. 5%." I bought a case of it. I was so tickled that Budweiser had sort of thumbed its nose at the craft beer set and said, "Yeah, we can make one, too, for $7.50 a six - and we'll make LOTS!" I wish they would offer it as a regular brew. I like it.

After only 337,286 miles, the 5-speed transmission crapped out on my 93 Sentra. So a 280-mile round trip was in order for a replacement transmission and 1.75 liters of Jameson - both at a great price.

26231225_10213438592293140_9161003905898856511_n.jpg

Intersted in the Suntory feedback. Japanese are really into making good whiskey these days (like obsessed). Blind taste test?
Yes, will be a blind tasting. I'll post feedback on all of them.
This Suntory Toki is a blend from a few distilleries. I wanted a single malt but blew my budget on getting in some of the more rare stuff :)

After only 337,286 miles, the 5-speed transmission crapped out on my 93 Sentra. So a 280-mile round trip was in order for a replacement transmission and 1.75 liters of Jameson - both at a great price.

View attachment 46164

I did a tour of the Jameson distillery when we were in Dublin a few years ago, it got me started on this whisky journey.

I did a tour of the Jameson distillery when we were in Dublin a few years ago, it got me started on this whisky journey.

It's about all I'll drink in whiskey now. There's a liquor store an hour from me that has excellent prices and we try to get up there a couple times a year. It happened to be en route to the transmission so I got a bonus visit out of it. Free samples there, too.

I live close to Jack Daniels. This is made just up the road. I know Phil, the proprietor. Good stuff. The Double Barrel is exceptional. He sells it all over the world.

http://prichardsdistillery.com/whiskey/?age-verified=b7b266df19

No trail cam needed in these parts! Taken out the back window at a friends house up in town. I think the pond helps. We are having a record dry and warm Winter here. Basically zero snow fall in town and only a few inches in the higher elevations.

27336927_2067646783479525_3611317988592149440_n.jpg

No trail cam needed in these parts! Taken out the back window at a friends house up in town. I think the pond helps. We are having a record dry and warm Winter here. Basically zero snow fall in town and only a few inches in the higher elevations.

Nice deer. Looks like nice country. I've never been to that part of the US.

And it even looks like Photoshop....lol
Nice shot.

Back