Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like Sadie is frowning a bit in that one! Little cold up there, eh?

Yeah, it has been pretty cold here, except for a day or two, the past 3 weeks or so. Heading out for our morning walk with sub zero temps has not been unusual. Fortunately most mornings we've had little or no wind to deal with. I'm guessing that our WMT brothers and sisters up north and in colder parts of the States would consider the temps I've been dealing with short sleeve weather.

... I'm guessing that our WMT brothers and sisters up north and in colder parts of the States would consider the temps I've been dealing with short sleeve weather.
1) You may be right about the short sleeve weather
2) That shirt better be wool
3) Your camera takes really nice shots, what model is that again? I'd love to put one looking over the "yard" at the cabin and see what I'd capture. Though maybe I'd be a little upset at the results (of humans using the place when we weren't there)

1) You may be right about the short sleeve weather
2) That shirt better be wool
3) Your camera takes really nice shots, what model is that again? I'd love to put one looking over the "yard" at the cabin and see what I'd capture. Though maybe I'd be a little upset at the results (of humans using the place when we weren't there)

It is a MOULTRIE Spy 2 Plus. It is a lower end Trail Cam. You can check it out here... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9DSYSB/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

81WF8Q8lQjL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For the images that takes, that's a pretty reasonable price!

Just so you know... For whatever reason about 1/3 to 1/2 of the pictures taken come out blank (except for the data crawl) - a very dark gray, almost black.

Just so you know... For whatever reason about 1/3 to 1/2 of the pictures taken come out blank (except for the data crawl) - a very dark gray, almost black.

Common reasons - 1.) Tree branches or tall grass triggering camera. 2.) Camera set up in flight path rather than feeding or gathering areas (animals run through and trigger it. 3.) Snowfall. 4.) Heavy rain.

Keep posting! I'm getting better at positioning my cameras in spots where deer pause and also getting better at looking at potential triggers in the area like branches before set up. It's a learning process. The last spot I set up one, a fox (I think) was captured but was running past the camera so it was a real blur. Every deer shot was a blur. It apparently is a run-through area for animals, not a spot to pause or linger. So I got two weeks of disappointment that time. Having fun learning, though. Snow is so uncommon here that when we did get some, I got a bunch of the type of blank shots you describe. That's how I know the snowfall was the trigger. I next want to set up down low at ponds to see if i can catch more small game.

Back