Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is because they are in the process of removing the access panel so that they can use the flashlight and glove to complete their task.

We had a nest of juvenile mice somewhere nearby, probably under our front porch, and the small critters were coming in the door or a nearby hole in the 104 year old foundation.

What you see is two grown men attempting to remove a mouse that went under the dishwasher. I guess the glove my brother is wearing was to protect him from getting bitten?

Either way I derived great amusement at them trying to rid the house of the less than an ounce pest. He was rather cute. I think I caught him on a glue trap the next day.

Craig, that was actually very close to my guess!! Only because something similar happened several years ago in OUR cabin in the woods. In our case, on the first evening of our first visit of the season we turned on the oven to preheat, and several minutes later were run out of the kitchen by the worst smell I've ever experienced! We turned off the oven and let it cool down while we sat out on the porch, and when we ventured back in we discovered that mice had built a nest in the oven drawer - under the oven. I don't think we cooked any mice, but the nest was full of their treasures and waste, and when it heated up, it was awful! We were unable to use the stove all summer, just from the stink that permeated it!

Got enough stuff moved out of the garage and into my new storage shed that I was able to get to my radial arm saw up and running. This has allowed me to start making my wife's potting bench which when finished will give me the ability to move even more stuff out to the shed and allow more room for my emerging garage shop.

Sometimes these projects seem so overwhelming but the lesson learned over and over again is to just get started and keep pecking away at the project. Before you know it you're ready to start the next overwhelming project.
smilie.gif

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

Last edited:
Look what I got! Started them up today.Can't get these any more supposedly. (I think the EnPrimeur Winery series is the same,just a higher cost ;) )

20160422_103700_resized.jpg

20160422_103729_resized.jpg

20160422_111851_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Got enough stuff moved out of the garage and into my new storage shed that I was able to get to my radial arm saw up and running. This has allowed me to start making my wife's potting bench which when finished will give me the ability to move even more stuff out to the shed and allow more room for my emerging garage shop.

Sometimes these projects seem so overwhelming but the lesson learned over and over again is to just get started and keep pecking away at the project. Before you know it you're ready to start the next overwhelming project.
smilie.gif
bkisel
Where's the winery? Garage or shed?:h

I dub this image, weird stuff you find in Texas. I saw this on a recent trip to Austin.

juseYrjILdmXrvc5hJatbxuYBJCkge5wjkm1O1jfPCdZjycZEhczXmQqa_uXJq_reWAkiQ0J-Gs5bQdPD8uMxhj1-_NlIR9yx4JfkoLhHrx2l-NRKK5VLlosvhyuCrng7lyc2bNGt_U1JjoDi6WNFxlXulpeAQU0muhX_-uw2eEoo5WiAtkxdc0qC4skMb_MQaQ6a_yU8-SgOC2DdwXbg-l4BUJ5O3SXvgmS7YAxbTBll_iSE5jYp1Lpb-vbjHJluyOxArTCHtZz49Y0MF1_hddR1SJ433Iq-rvdafOROOhaYlucg9RUmyjHcczUhj8rkB1oQ8fdkoJ8q38DtFYhhcIiZUzS0tLbhzAqmjB-P6z377OKzRPAnEpesMONUQFLbrLhOHzIPVEIGdi4OlfrDbE0nEJtqYnLiaOjAkeWQhZe1L5OFqsrnBVWY-9oTQ8NVft73--kmhS0T-YQVV5fV9p8TGVccmz0s_LMenFBRUialBMzjTA_6Suu6IrW4T0DOjJc8pQO1aoXyU0erPnyRaAlh41F-4v3y0WUyRUfQqSoH0muxgZx45TFfAPY1fILEFaj=w1066-h800-no

I'm now considering my wife's storage shed potting bench complete. I still need to put some shelving above the bench but I'll need to go out and get material for that part of the project. I tried to sell my wife on my putting up some pegboard but she insisted that all she wants is a single 4' shelf over the back of the table. [That's for now if you know what I mean.
smilie.gif
]

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures of the raw materials for part of my weekend project. I love Spring. I also could really use Bill's fine new bench as I need to re-pot seedlings to complete my other project. After that it is free time (wine and beer sampling time).

4-29-16_juice-buckets.jpg

4-29-16_pinot-noir.jpg

Pictures of the raw materials for part of my weekend project. I love Spring. I also could really use Bill's fine new bench as I need to re-pot seedlings to complete my other project. After that it is free time (wine and beer sampling time).

Good to see you've still got the trash bags around those buckets. :)

I was freezing out there. We should have stayed in the tasting room!! :snw

It wasn't bad under the overhang, but sitting out in that mist was awful. Are we sure that it is about to be May?

I was freezing out there. We should have stayed in the tasting room!! :snw

It wasn't bad under the overhang, but sitting out in that mist was awful. Are we sure that it is about to be May?

Next time I'm bringing my designated driver (her turn) and we'll stay in the tasting room. Now that I think of it, I've never been in their new room/area and never asked to see it. Doh!

My brother needed a new wall mirror. The problem is that the cheapest one we could find that he wanted was over $250.

The heck with that!

My brother had a pane of wall mirror that he salvaged from his bathroom remodel. We also had a ton of wood trim left over for some of my Dad's construction jobs (he was a general contractor). All the ingredients were there, so we got together on Sunday and made one up at my dad's shop....

Took us about 30 minutes. was nervous cutting the mirror to size, but is came out well. Just a little sanding, staining, and finishing left to do!

IMG_20160501_105349_260.jpg

Doesn't happen very often but we do get patches of fog every now and then. Since fog needs perfect conditions to form and we have large elevation changes in short distances its quite often a photog's dream to try and capture it.

13094191_1587350108247149_5510093450044187526_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back