Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jswordy

me being a plumber, this is my professional opinion on the grab bars

OUT FRIGG"N STANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!

is your terlet bowl Handicap ? since I switched my to HC, sitting on a regular feels weird.

GOOD JOB !!!!!

jswordy

me being a plumber, this is my professional opinion on the grab bars

OUT FRIGG"N STANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!

is your terlet bowl Handicap ? since I switched my to HC, sitting on a regular feels weird.

GOOD JOB !!!!!

Thanks, that's great to hear from a pro. My 88-year-old uncle told me I'd better put grab bars in, I'd need them later, and I told him great minds think alike and sent him these pix. The whole project was built behind the finished surfaces with grab bar support in mind.

My toilet is a Kohler Santa Rosa Comfort Height, a couple inches higher than standard. They make them standard and Comfort Height. That's also an aging in place choice. I am 6'2" and it makes it easier for my long legs even now to get up.

BTW, amazing what these new toilets can do with just 1.28 gallons. The first time I flushed it, I thought something must be wrong, the flush was so short. But nope, that's all it takes to clear the bowl. To think, that same process takes 4+ gallons in my other older toilet. I am still amazed every time I use it. I am also glad it does not hold much water cuz that's less to potentially rot my floor. My other bath needs the floor replaced now due to rot sagging.

Used this gasket, too. I am sold on these, great product, way better than wax:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toilet-Gasket-Flexible-Waxless-Seal-Universal-Fit-BL01/203564758

I did not take pix of my many plumbing challenges under the house, including a jackleg vent set up where the vent was teed into the soil pipe, then the soil pipe was elbowed up into the toilet and to receive the drain plumbing. Just dumb, but there is no plumbing inspection here. I created a 2" loop using a saddle on the cast iron vent so there is another venting route. I was challenged by clearance constraints with the floor joists but got it envisioned and done. The new tub drains twice as fast as the old one after that mod, which is good because it holds twice the water. Went with 2-inch drain lines to the soil pipe, also. Makes for a faster drain and hopefully less clogging.

Also had to plumb for the toilet, which moved to its present position from the old one right next to the tub. That move and a more space-saving vanity has made the room seem like it grew a lot larger in the same floorspace. Much less cramped.

even tho i install using the upc code. their is actually a lot of leeway in venting.

2 images that might help some understand vents and clogs

1, put a straw in a glass of water, put your finger over the end of the straw and lift it out of the water.

water does not drain, no vent, remove your finger, vent

same principle with plumbing, if no vent it will not drain, or it will glug glug

fill a 1 gallon jug with water, turn it on its side, it will glug glug,

partial blockage causing no vent, continue pouring the water, when the level gets below the stoppage it will drain freely...vent is restored

Cold Stabilization almost done. It's been out about 3 weeks. Put it outside the weekend after Christmas.

That's a great idea. My old house (built '43) has one too. Great place to cool things down but keep my dogs out of! Of course with the weather we're having who knows what will happen. It's going to be near 60* today, but then get down to 20* this weekend. I'll label my wine "dazed and confused" LOL

Lesson #1, don't give a teenager your camera unless you want him to accidentally get it in some mode you can't figure out how to get it out of (and I've had this camera since 2002).

This is for all you poor members who live in MD, DC, WVa, Northern VA...pictures or it didn't happen! I want to see a yardstick with about an inch still sticking out on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you all for taking the hit for us a little further north, we appreciate it!

1-21-16_measuring-snow.jpg

Hmmmm not quite seeing the snow there Craig. Is that the mode on the camera making it invisible?

Bottled the rest of my Pinot Grigio yesterday and wanted to See how clear it really was so I threw a towel over the frosted bottles, you've already seen those. The big downfall of frosted bottles is you can't tell how beautiful the wine is
and if you have any sediment accumulate this could be a good thing but I like to keep watch that's why I bottled a couple in the clear

image.jpg

All pics from a phone seem to go sideways for me. I have to open in a photo editor on a computer and then rotate 360 degree and save and then upload once again to make it right. PITA!

Hmmmm not quite seeing the snow there Craig. Is that the mode on the camera making it invisible?

That's the before picture. I'll try to get an after picture Saturday afternoon, from the same place, and hope I have power so I can upload it. I'm hoping the heaviest wind is to the south and east of us. Our updated forecast on WU sez 8-12 today and 12+ tomorrow. I like the radio forecast better, 12 -18".

Brought the camera and instruction booklet to work. My son somehow got it into a mode where the shutter stays open for two seconds. I used to use that mode when I shot through a telescope with an adapter, just can't remember how to get it back to normal. I hate reading manuals (or stopping to ask for directions, etc).

My daughter Katie after recovering from a meltdown when she found out her Mom and older Brother wouldn't be back until Sunday afternoon.

Made her happy by saying we'd watch a movie (of her choice, argh) together tomorrow and do some pop corn. Now what wine goes with pop corn? Maybe a Viognier...

1-21-16_katie.jpg

My daughter Katie after recovering from a meltdown when she found out her Mom and older Brother wouldn't be back until Sunday afternoon.

Made her happy by saying we'd watch a movie (of her choice, argh) together tomorrow and do some pop corn. Now what wine goes with pop corn? Maybe a Viognier...

Roflmao, I'm not sure how I would feel if my daughter went into a meltdown because she was stuck with me for a weekend!

Latest posts

Back