Peach Wine - Need Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terroirdejeroir

Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't posted in a long time, but I need some relatively urgent help. I have made many batches of delicious peach wine using Jack Keller's recipe with white grape juice concentrate for body. I have also made the recipes with bananas and with raisins, but I don't like them as well. My problem is that I have searched far and wide and I cannot find any white grape juice frozen concentrate anywhere. I have already thawed some of my peaches and I need to make up my mind fast on what to do to compensate. Any suggestions?

Thanks or any/all ideas.

TdJ

Skip the Grape juice concentrate - never used it never needed it.

White Grape Juice adds another aroma that is fine for some wines but peach has it's own aroma that shouldn't be covered up.

I've made 5 batches of Peach and without a doubt it's one of the best. The only thing I've ever added was a special deal where I added 1/4 of vanilla bean to 2 gallons. Otherwise Peach can stand well on it's own.

Some folks use glycerin to add body, you might try that as part of your back-sweetening process as it does give some sweetness as well.

Last edited:
I buy white grape concentrate from amazon. They have one specially for wine making. I have amazon prime so you can get delivery in 24 hrs

I buy the white grape juice found in the grocery store. it is the concentrate with water added. just sub the grape juice for water as far as volume is concerned.

Hello all,

I haven't posted in a long time, but I need some relatively urgent help. I have made many batches of delicious peach wine using Jack Keller's recipe with white grape juice concentrate for body. I have also made the recipes with bananas and with raisins, but I don't like them as well. My problem is that I have searched far and wide and I cannot find any white grape juice frozen concentrate anywhere. I have already thawed some of my peaches and I need to make up my mind fast on what to do to compensate. Any suggestions?

Thanks or any/all ideas.

TdJ
What about 100% white grape peach fruit juice in 64 oz. bottles at Walmart?..............................................Dizzy

It is good to be clear what contributes to body.

Body for the wine comes from glycerol, alcohol, remaining sugars, tannins and minerals.

So a sweet wine or a highish alcohol wine would need no additional body. Some fruits have non-fermentable sugars so provide body .

Last edited by a moderator:
homewinery.com their concentrates are reduced, their concentrate come in half gallon jugs they say are good for 5 gallons, but are good for 4.5 gal max,, but if you call them when you order they sell pints for added strength, i buy 3 concentrates dump 12 gallons water in ferment barrel then the 3 half gallon concentrates, total 13.5 gallons, which gives you extra to top off with, at the end you'll have 12 gallons of great peach wine, that's 5 cases of peach at finish,,,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back