Peach Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely We usually use about 1/3 the amount of fruit used to make it.

Make sure you use pecic enzyme making the f-pack with peaches or you will end up with the pectin haze from hell !!

directions for powder are 1/2 tsp per gallon but since you are really not diluting this and its peach and a little extra of this doesnt hurt I would do 1 tsp per this f-pac.

OK... I am going to make the F-pack tomorrow. (My first one)

I am planning to use 2.5 lbs peaches. and just a touch of water. Slowly simmer until soft, then strain add Pectic enzyme. let cool and stir in.

Sound right????

For a f-pac I use 20-25% of the #'s used for the primary

Looks good to me!You might even want to sprinkle just a bit of ascorbic acid on the fruit as you cut it.

(Wade) The fruit has already been cut and frozen.

(Tepe) I was thinking I would go just a bit higher because its port.

Does 1 tsp. Pectic sound right?

Just in your wine but I bet you already did that along with sorbate, right?

Goodfella, I would thaw my peaches, add 1/2 the pectic enzyme to them, let them set overnight on the pectic enzyme and then do the boiling and add the rest as planned

Made my first f-pack today. Added to the peach Port. I followed Waldo's instruction to add pectic before and after. It worked out well.

Next step.... I will wait a week or so and add the clarifiers.

You should see a marked improvement in the wine with the f-pac.

OK now are you using the 3 "T's" ?
I bet you are... hic hic... LOL

This is very interesting. I think I'll eventually graduate to making fruit wines from scratch. This peach port sounds tasty!

Latest posts

Back