Peach Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodfella

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I am getting ready to do a peach wine. (with Tepe's help) Thanks again buddy.

But I have some left over peaches... So I am going to try an expirement. (with Wades help).

Its a Peach Port....

20090905_150243_peachport_002_D.JPG

Looking good, did you follow the recipe that I suggested or did you veer from it a bit? Please post recipe for others to judge.

Just barley tweeked it.......

6 1/2 lbs of peaches destoned and 1/4rd
1/2 cup of dry Light malt extract
sugar to sg of 1.115
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp yeast energizer
1 campden tablet
1 1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
just a touch of absorbic acid
1/4 tsp bentonite
1 1/4 tsp of acid Blend
1/4 tsp of wine tannin
6 pints of water
1 packet of Red Star Champagne yeast

Looks like a good recipe goodfella. Only thing I might add if i was making it would be about a half pound of golden raisins and a couple of cans of Welches white grape and peach concentrate.

Would it be to late to add this stuff? I havn't pitched the yeast yet. What would this do to the SG?

The concentrate will raise the SG some goodfelal but not sure by how much

What finished SG are you looking for on this? adding much more might leave you too sweet. If this ferments down to 1.010 then you could use a can or 2 to chaptalize it.

Thats exactly what I was thinking about doing. Maybe when it hits 1.010, I could add some to bring it back up. What do you think Waldo?

It really depends on what finished sg you are wanting as this yeast is not a very high tolerance so let us know what desired sg you are looking for.

To be honest Wade. I'm not sure what SG I am looking for. I have never made anything like this, or even tasted something like this. At this point I am just rolling with the punches, and taking any advise I can get.

What is your suggestion?

Ports are usually pretty sweet and typically finish with an sg some where around 1.030 or the likes. So if this batch gets down to 1.010 I would raise it to about 1.020 and see what happens from there as you can always use the concentrates to sweeten the wine afterwards.

Waldo said:
Looks like a good recipe goodfella. Only thing I might add if i was making it would be about a half pound of golden raisins and a couple of cans of Welches white grape and peach concentrate.
Where do you get peach concentrate?

You can get peach nectar at and maybe even concentrate at health food stores. Ive bought a few nectar's at a place near me.

OK... here's the update.

I checked SG. Before piching the yeast but after letting things sit a bit. SG was 1.110. So I added 3/4 can white grape/peach concentrate from the grocery store. (as to Waldo's recommendation). It brought the SG to 1.115.I will use the 2nd can to raise SG after fermentation has began.

I also added some golden raisins.

Pitching yeast this afternoon....

Dont go any higher until she drops down to 1.010 just in case this yeast wants to quit early.

You got it buddy.

Thanks again for all your help Wade. and yours too Waldo.

Yeast is in..... Here we go.

Latest posts

Back