Peach Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wade said:
Those grommets are notorious for leaking around the airlock. I driller bigger holes in all mine and use rubber bungs now.

I am not sure if it was leaking there or the lid... any tips on the lids?

OK... So I got home today. These babies are still going. the airlocks are bubbling. Should I raise the SG?

If so...

How much?

Do it indivigually? or back to bucket, ect. ect.

Hope ya like the photo's....
20090912_135245_pport_003_Deskt.JPG

How much alc are you looking for as you should be around 16.5-17% right now. Looks great Whats the sg right now?

Wow.... Just took the SG.... .998.

I was suprised, almost couldn't beleive it. If I had a less blurry camera I would post a picture.

I am going to let it finish up.

I don't want to add any more sugar. I had an idea. If I want a raise the ABV any more, I am going to use apricot brandy. (maybe)

I like the Apricot brandy idea better myself unless you want to keep it one flavor. Im not to fond of peach schnapps myself even though i like peach everything.

Im not a big oak and fruit wine person but Im sure others will let you know what they think.

Not on a Peach foodfella..Muscadines..Yep, you betcha. Pear does well also with a touch of oak but not Peach

The main reason I asked is because I remember you oaking the pear. I wondered if they were similar.

Checked SG today. Looks like it still about the same. I still see a couple little bubbles coming up the sides, I think it's just gasses.

I think I will rack it off the lees today, and degass and stablize it in a day or two.

Sound good?

I decided to degass today. Stirred hard for a bit. Then used the vacu-vin. Had alot of gas. I plan on doing it again down the road a ways.

I am thinking about added the k-meta and sorbate today? After racking I have 1.5gallons....1 gallon jug and a 1/2 gallon jug.

How much should I put in each?

1 campden tablet in each is fine and 1/2 tsp per gallon of the sorbate, you could even break the campden tablet in 1/2 for the half gallon but I wouldnt even worry about that as its early in the game and it will disperse way before drinking time.

K-meta and sorbate added.

Small sample tastes sour...

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

I am thinking about doing a F-pack.

What do you guys think?

I still plan on back sweetening later on...

Latest posts

Back