Peach Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up this morning.... This baby is cookin!!!

Bubbling, crackling, all the other fun stuff....

This seems fast to me....

I took an SG reading this morning. 1.042!!!

This is earlyday 2. Does this seem right?

Its not unusual for big drops like that. Lots of things can factor in including nice warm weather and really happy healthy yeast.
VC

Yeah, I have a pefect 70 degrees. My must had nutrient and energizer. I don't know... This stuff is just rockin out!!!

When i pitched the yeast, I had action within 5 hours. No kidding.

The last 2 high SG batches I made I used a gallon starter and once added both times the air locks sounded like a machine gun. I had a couple of days of 30 point drops and both are still chugging along at 18 & 19%. Even with the high alcohol both are pretty smooth, still a bit hot on the finish but they are very young and will need lots of aging. My son says I'll need to add a warning on the label and the alcohol content.
VC

Well Wade,

I guess 1.010 is the magic number I'm looking for... Then raise it back up a little. right?

When should I squeeze the bag, and get rid of the pulp?

When should i lock down the lid and use airlock?

I would do it around 1.020 and before adding the sugar. Then snap on the lid and airlock.

OK... This morning I woke up to find the SG at 1.010 Exactly!!!

So I added the other can of white grape/peach and some sugar to bring the SG to 1.030.

Attached the lid and airlock...

Tom, this is what I usually do but we re using a lesser tolerant wine yeast tp get more fruit flavor out of it so we are going a little lower to make sure it doesnt quit with too high an sg as Goodfella isnt sure around what sg he wants it so were boosting and then letting it go semi dry.

I am a little bit worried because the airlock is not bubbling. I'm pretty sure its fermenting, Because I can hear it crackling a little bit. But its a new 2 gallon bucket. The lid seemed to snap on pretty good, but I don't think its sealed completly, because i can smell it. I tryed a couple simple things, but I still dont see much from the airlock.

Should I put it in glass?

Woke up today and found the SG back down to 1.010. SWWWEEEETTTTT

Racked to glass....

Will post pictures soon.

Those grommets are notorious for leaking around the airlock. I driller bigger holes in all mine and use rubber bungs now. As far as sg goes, that was fats. Mine as well up it again!!!!!!!

It was yesterday morning when I checked the SG and put it in glass. But Then I had to go out of town for work. I will be home this afternoon. Do you suggest that I up it again, or is it to late?

If its still going then go for it, your going to want to sweeten it anyway so if it doesnt ferment then its done and you can decide then if you ant to sweeten more.

Back