WineXpert Peach Ice wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hop you have lots of patience or better luck then me, This kit took a long time to clear. Although mine was a dble batch and altered as the first kit was short so I adjusted with some Welche,s Niagara frozen concentrate, but Ive heard from a lot of people that they had the same problem and thought it was supposed to be hazy. I emailed Linda @ W.E.and was told differently like I had suspected. I ended up having to use SuperKleer on it as the Chitosan didnt work for me. Heres a picture in case you need to know what it is supposed to look like(Hope you dont).
4.jpg

Mine's now bubbling away and smelling great! I have a question about the double shot of yeast. Is this because the starting SG was so high and so an extra shot of yeast would ensure that fermentation began?

Yes, they d this with all the kits that have high SG's such as their Ice wines and ports.

Just wanted to give an update as to how mine is going. Mine cleared very nicely but it did take about 10 days longer than what the directions state. (I'm learning to be patient so this wasn't a huge concern). I also decided to rack an extra time during the clearing stage due to the large amount of lees at the bottom of the carboy. Im hoping to bottle mine next week. I tasted a little of it today during racking and it was VERY good! My local retailer has an extra box of this that I might pick up now that I know how good this is.

I just opened a bottle of this after about a month after bottling. Boy is this good! I'm not sure how long this will last. I'm sure glad that I purchased an extra kit of this. Here are some pics of how it looks in the glass. Wish you could taste it.

20090327_175127_FOX_2276.jpg

20090327_175327_FOX_2277.jpg

20090327_175453_FOX_2279.jpg

Here is the label.
20090327_175634_Peach_Icewine.jpg

#2 & 3bungs fit the wine bottles MJD! Waldo, I wouldnt say heavy but I would say a nice Peach flavor and its not as sweet as i thought it would be considering its an Ice wine which really makes it nice.

I think I am also one of the unfortunate ones having issues with getting this wine to clear.
smiley7.gif
I racked, degassed (after making sure the temps were in the 70's) and am at a loss. I am trying to be patient with it. It started clearing, about 1/4 down the top of the carboy and then it got that haze throughout it again.

I want to try Super Kleer on it - but wasn't sure if I should use the entire packet on the 3 gallons - or try to split it in half. Looking for some guidance. Thanks! Karen

Yo could use the whole package but rack off what is in there of the other stuff. This wine is a pain but the end result was worth the work.

This really is some super tasty wine! The peach flavor is beginning to come out better. Not too TOO sweet either. One of my faves so far!

The Super Kleer is doing the trick
smiley4.gif
- I'm relieved. I added it this morning and it is clearing, dropped a good amount of sediment. I promised my Mom part of this kit for Mother's Day. I know we won't be bottling by then - but sounds like it will be worth the wait!

This is why I dont use the supplied fining agent from W.E. kits anymore as it has failed me too many times. Now I let time do its thing or add SuperKleer if need be, its better then fining a wine twice!

Wade, I made this wine 4/29/09. I would like to bottle it. Do I need to add any K-met, if so how much? This is a 3 gallon batch..

Thanks,
Cyndy

Is that the date you added the sulfite and sorbate or the date you started this kit?

Back