Nor Easter!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Man are we getting slammed early! Right now we have about 6" of snow and this stuff is very very heavy! We are expected to get 10-14" of this stuff and trees are going down everywhere as they are still laded with leaves so the snow is really piling up. My neighbor to the right has a huge branch down and the neighbir to the right has a power line down in his driveway. Power has flickered many times so far so the generator is on standby!

We have been lucky so far here, only 4-5" of the stuff. We have had a few power blinks but so far no outage. We do have close to 150,000 with out power tho in Central Pa. My trees lost most of their leaves already, but my neighbor lost here Mimosa tree, another neighbor lost here Mulberry tree.

Be safe and good luck with the storm.

Wade,
Didn't you have a neighbors tree fall on your house last year?
Mix here in the Philly area

Hey Tom ...we are getting a fan base from your neck of the woods..including a fellow who is a neighbor of Gov Christie...but seriously speaking i really do have a nice NJ fan base and you cant fool people from NJ so i am very grateful!

back to why i came to this topic...2 inches thus far..on our way to around ten...slowed winery sales expected tomorrow ( if any ), expect power outages they say....kind of early for sure!

Just got done snow blowin 8 1/2" of snow but its starting to all melt now even though its still snowing. Joea on here must be super busy as all Ive been hearing all day is sirens!!!!! Tom, it didnt hit my house, it hit his and almost removed his Bay window extension off the side of his house. Hes the one that has the wire laying in his driveway right now.

Down at work on to gold coast, started at 7am yesterday and I'm scheduled until 6pm tonight unless they hold me again. It has been something else. Upwards of half million people in CT without power. The roads are a sheet of ice and I just got off of I95 closing all lanes for an hour and a half plus.

Fun day

They're saying that this storm broke the record for power outages that was just broken by Irene a couple months ago. 729,000!

Wade they turned power on for the Christian street area in oxford a couple hours ago. If you don't have power you might be really close to getting it. I heard Middlebury might be back online by the weekend if we're lucky. Good luck, I'm over by breakneck hill!

Wade they turned power on for the Christian street area in oxford a couple hours ago. If you don't have power you might be really close to getting it. I heard Middlebury might be back online by the weekend if we're lucky. Good luck, I'm over by breakneck hill!

roflmao, so Wade dosn't have internet and that means PARTYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!! :db

I need to tell you, it was a long two days around here. We had no Internet because Charter's main office for the region is down in the area that got slammed. No INTERNET for 2 days. Of course I am sure we will get a discount for the outage- yeah, right.

I need to tell you, it was a long two days around here. We had no Internet because Charter's main office for the region is down in the area that got slammed. No INTERNET for 2 days. Of course I am sure we will get a discount for the outage- yeah, right.

No internet? I feel your pain, Grapeman

Nothing new here. Power didn't even go out. Most of my town is out though! We lucked out.
Kids had 2 days off for "snow?" now and a 2 hr delay tomorrow morning. I think they will be loosing April vacation.

I hope this isn't a sign of what we're in for this winter!

Wow, what the heck is going on? Up north there hasn't been one flake sighted! Usually it's the other way around.

Just got power back on at my office.

At home, I got real lucky! Everyone I know in my town STILL has no power. They are saying that most will not have any power until SUNDAY!...

Such is life in North Jersey!

The power conpanies are saying that they cant work on repairs because there is snow on the ground, The towns are saying that they cant remove the snow because of all the downed power lines! Geeeeeeeze!

Just got power back on at my office.

At home, I got real lucky! Everyone I know in my town STILL has no power. They are saying that most will not have any power until SUNDAY!...

Such is life in North Jersey!

The power conpanies are saying that they cant work on repairs because there is snow on the ground, The towns are saying that they cant remove the snow because of all the downed power lines! Geeeeeeeze!

Nothing like a well oiled system of teamwork between entities restoring your utilities.

Latest posts

Back