Newbie from Minnesota

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

termini

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Tony from Minnesota, and I stumbled upon this site one night and am very glad that I did! We have been thinking about winemaking for a while now---it grew out of my desire to follow in my Grandfather's footsteps from Sicily, watching him sucessfully graft 7 varieties of apples onto one tree, and then enjoying the wine he made from them, and thenthe grapes, and then the dandelions.So now I have a small orchard in my yard consisting of apples, pears, plums, cherries and apricots ( thank you Bob Purvis!) Well, last winter when I was staring at all the apples that were piled up in my garage, I decided to make wine the next year-- well that was the year that the trees decided to take a break from producing, so.....Here we are!. We have made one batch of Black Rasberry Merlot(Island Mist) and then went into trying to make apple wine from scratch from purchasing UN preserved cider ,we'll see... so now we have two batches going at once: the Limited edition Australian Reisling, and another Island Mist White Strawberry Merlot.

Welcome here termini. Spend some time with us all and by the time you get some more apples you will be well informed on the processes used, plus you will have some wine ready before you apple ages enough to drink.

Welcome to the forum termini......We are here to help, but sounds like you are off to a good start..
smiley32.gif
....Good Luck and have fun..

Welcome termini...glad to have you here....

There is plenty of other things to make wine out of while you wait for your harvest.

Stay awhile...learn along with us.

Welcome termini, when your ready to do the fruits from your yard have some ascorbic acid on hand, that will keep them from browning but will let fermentation happen without any problems.

Welcome termini, these wine people know what they are talking about.
smiley20.gif

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another Minnesotan here. **Or as Trashy would put it, "Great. Another Canadian."** That Trashy has an interesting sense of humour.
I don't know if you've figured this out or not yet, but this is a highly addictive hobby. I suggested to Bert a few years ago that we should make a couple of batches of wine. I don't think he understands what the word couple means.
smiley19.gif
I often have to fight to get the kitchen back just so I can prepare a meal or do something in the kitchen other than wine. **Yes, there are other things to life besides making wine.""

**Yes, there are other things to life besides making wine.""

Yes, like making Beer and Meed.

Sorry that I have not been able to reply to say thank you for the welcomes--small family pneumonia deal with my 4 yr old neph.
To Polish Wine Princess: poor Bert.... I dated a 100% ( outgoing)Polish girl from the East Side for 6 1/2 years......... went the other way and married a 100% non flappable Norwegian ( I'm half and half.. half Sicilian and half Italian-- you pick which is worse)-- it seriously was like " My Cousin Vinney " when I met her folks...

Latest posts

Back