Newbi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grannytsb

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to the winemaking process..... I am sure I will have a million questions. I am a Texan living in south Louisiana for now...... Close to my grandchildren !.

Thanks for the great site and all of the info.......

Granny
smiley1.gif

Welcome Granny,
All you need to do is ask. Some one will be here to help you out.

Not to close, When we are in TX its usually in Livingston, or on Pleasure Island around Port Arthur...... Glad I dont.......... I would need 3 jobs....... I love wine and made a few batches in the garbage can and in the bathtub but never used a kit and proper equipment........... Put an Ice wine on yesterday , hope it comes out good !

Started an Ice Wine yesterday........... Its not bubbling like I thought....Hope its ok !

I have just set the lid on the bucket but not tight as George said....... Today I put the heater on the bucket as the temp was starting to drop ....It was about 68 in the room......... Its not bubbling too much......and the yeast smell is less than yesterday, I hope I did not mess it up .........
smiley18.gif

Hello Granny! Welcome aboard! You have latched onto a great hobby/obsession and a great site. Very helpful and knowledgeable people here.
smiley1.gif

The first 48 hours can be slow and if the lid is not snapped down it might be leaking air and that is OK. It is just fine with the lid sitting on top. The truth is in the SG reading. I would give it a few days and check the SG

Hi Granny, welcome aboard. I'm from New Orleans glad to see someone else in our state making wine. I have a feeling that more people do this in our state than let on....

Yes I think so ............ I love it already......... We love German wines and good ones are hard to find and when you do of course I always pick the most expensive one !
smiley36.gif

Whoops, didnt see the New Orleans part of the post. Glad to have you here.

I don't know if shes from New Orleans Wade, but I sure am .......

Actually we have a place in the area of Gonzales, Louisiana.......... which is south of Baton Rouge and a little north of New Orleans..........
You have all given me such a welcome.Thank you .

granny

You live near Smurfe then Granny. I have family just south of gonzales about 30 minutes away from you..... Be scared
smiley36.gif

Granny, welcome to the Forum. Lots of knowledge here. And we all learn from one another.
smiley4.gif

Thank you . I look forward to picking all brains here for every last drop
smiley36.gif
of information !!! I am so looking forward to my 1st batch.

Granny

Welcome Granny
I've made the Winexpert Icewine several times now for my dad, who is coming over this weekend to restock. This wine tastes very good from the start but be sure to let some age because it gets even better.
VPC

grannytsb said:
Actually we have a place in the area of Gonzales, Louisiana.......... which is south of Baton Rouge and a little north of New Orleans..........
You have all given me such a welcome.Thank you .

granny

Well well well, another winemaker here in town. I live in Gonzales to Granny. Welcome to our little neck of the woods. Glad to have you here. If you ever need anything, you just let me know.

Latest posts

Back