New Years Resolutions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
Let's hear em,
I for one never make them, I feel that I'm just setting my self up for failure if I do :)
If I had to choose one though it would be to build myself a crusher before fall harvest.
What's yours?

I don't make em either. But this year, I'm making an exception: become a better wine maker! Which won't be hard to do, since I haven't even been doing it for a year yet. :h

Don't normally make em either, but I hope to empty the freezer by spring. Keep in mind, I was going to have it empty by Christmas. That didn't work either. Winemaking is such a great hobby, procrastionation is a good thing in winemaking. Arne.

Make wine, and more wine, and more wine, and more wine, and more wine, and more wine...

Normally don't either,,but this year,,,when you see good fruit for sale when in season,,,grab it, chop it, freeze it. Stock up on concentrate, get a bigger chest freezer, more wine kits, more carboys (yes, Chuck will have to deal with it), more bottles, more winemaking additives,,yep I think I just might be able to keep this New Year resolution,,,

My New Years resolution. Make enough wine so I don't have to buy commercial wine, just go down to the cellar and get a bottle. Plus it's fun to make ! Bakervinyard

I have a few..

Lose about 25lbs (with the yard work in my future, and my age - entirely possible)

Buy a damn crusher-destemmer (NOT doing 18hr by-hand again, back hurts thinkin bout it)

Make it to my dads this spring/summer, to get started on vineyard prep

Visit some vineyards - vineyards that are doing what i aim to accomplish (organic dry-farming).. And vineyards that are selling me 2013 Riesling :)

My New Years resolution. Make enough wine so I don't have to buy commercial wine, just go down to the cellar and get a bottle. Plus it's fun to make ! Bakervinyard

180 bottles in carboys in various stages right now, plus another 125 or so of finished stuff and commercial wines. I'm making more than I ever thought I would. I went in on an order of Amarone from WTSO on Christmas day with my father and brother-in-law. My wife immediately piped in and quoted me on my comments about not having to buy wine once the production levels got up and I had sufficient aged supplies. Busted...

Dan have you taken Anna Katherine Mansfields and Chris Gerhlings wine faults class yet? They usually have it a couple times or so a year. Ask about it- it will help do what you want.

I resolve to be around for another yearto be a thorn in everybodies sides and to try to keep Dan and Julie from killing each other or stealing each others wines!

I'm gonna aim to get my biweekly massages...and pay off my credit cards so I can buy more wine making supplies. If I get the money, I will also build out my wine cellar:r

Dan have you taken Anna Katherine Mansfields and Chris Gerhlings wine faults class yet? They usually have it a couple times or so a year. Ask about it- it will help do what you want.

I resolve to be around for another yearto be a thorn in everybodies sides and to try to keep Dan and Julie from killing each other or stealing each others wines!

Rich, I an actually signed up to take a two day class at Penn State in Jauary called, Wine SensoryEvaluation & Wine Defect Identification.

http://www.cvent.com/events/pa-wine-quality-initiative-level-1-wine-sensory-evaluation-wine-defect-identification/event-summary-044d152cda2a4151a13ef0cae5bc86d9.aspx

In addtition to that I just ordered a Wine Fault kit that comes with 12 aromas.

http://www.winearomas.com/faults2.html

Here are mine..

1) go the year without seeing or hearing the word "Welch's".

2) go the year without being sent to the corner.

johnT.:w:w

1. use the wife's new treadmill to lose about 35 pounds.

2. make progress and move on establishing a bonded winery

3. pay off the house and be debt free.

1. use the wife's new treadmill to lose about 35 pounds.

2. make progress and move on establishing a bonded winery

3. pay off the house and be debt free.

I have no treadmill, but still need to lose that 35 #'s

My hubby and I paid ours off this year:r:r:r

Now we are looking for some property in western PA for retirement purposes...anybody want a new neighbor?...in 15 years...

Latest posts

Back