New Memeber: Hello from Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Namaste

Junior
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been around for a couple weeks now and am just getting around to introducing myself. I'm familiar with a couple of memebers so far (George &Joan thanks for your help thus far).

Here's a pic of the newbie winemaker:
20081121_141550_bryan.jpg

I'm on day 8 of my first batch of homemade wine (Blackberry/Cherry Pinot Noir from the Summer Breeze kit) so hopefully it turns out well. Thanks for the advice of those who have helped and will be helping me in due time. Hopefully I can return the favor or at least pay it forward.

Just for kicks here is the label I'm working on for this first batch (subject to change). Open to suggestions. I'm still a bit confused on how to get this on an actual label. Would I be better off taking it to Office Max or Kinko's and letting them do it or can I do this on my Canon i860?

20081121_141915_blue-rosegold1.jpg

Cheers and here's to some good winemaking! I will be a father of two tomorrow at this time!

Bryan Evans (aka Namaste)Edited by: Namaste

Welcome Bryan....Are you and your lady having twins tomorrow?????

WOW!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Beautiful label!!!!!

Welcome to the forum Bryan. Nice looking label design. I would just get some label paper and print out a batch. Spray with polyeurothane to keep the ink from running adn then cut them out. Good luck on your first wine!

Ken

Welcome Bryan,

Very nice label, I'd buy a bottle just because of it. Can't help you onmaking the labelpart but someone will be along in no time who can. That's one of the nice things about this forum.

Welcome and enjoy

Hey new Dad!!! Congratulations!! I remember reading somewhere that one baby takes up all your time so two can't possibly take up any more!
smiley4.gif

Your label is amazing!! I love the font switch...it's elegant and perfect.

Nice going there Bryan - and also a good job with the wine and label. I hope you are well rested, cause you ain't gittin no more for a while-- err, rest that is.
smiley36.gif

Joan you didn't go and help somebody with their labels again now did you?
smiley4.gif

I use this to do all my labels. Just download this and when you open it it will open with Microsoft Word then just insert picture. You can adjust the size in there if you want or choose a different template for more or less pictures and download that.
<t></t><table width="609" border="0" cellpadding="3"><t><tr><td valign="center" width="13%">

5164 ®
</td>
<td valign="center" width="18%">
WL-OL150
</td>
<td valign="center" width="16%">
4" x 3.33"
</td>
6 per sheet
</td>

Shipping
</td>
<td valign="center" width="21%">
Download</td></tr></t></table>Welcome Bryan Evans, meet Wade Evans!
smiley36.gif
Hey Bro!

Edited by: wade

Not twins. We have a daughter who is already two. We are having another childvia C-section tomorrow at 9am. Don't know the gender yet.

Bryan

Welcome to the forum bryan. Gklad to have you onboard and post us a picture of the new youngen when it gets here

Hola! Great label! We just print ours on a heavy white paper, cut them, use glue stick to attach them. They come off very easily! The heavier paper prevents running of ink/toner. We used to spray them but found very little trouble once we switched to the heavier printer paper.

Welcome Bryan,

Nice label and congrats on your new babies.
We print one label off at home and take it to Office Max or Staples and they will make them the size you want and print them out you can get 32 printed for like $4. You print them out at home and your going to eat your ink up fast.
we use regular paper and just use a glue stick it makes getting them off alot easier than using the label paper but to each there own.

Good luck
Frank

Hi Bryan, Welcome to the Forum, Congrats new Dad and Mom, Fantastic label.

Great to have you here with us!!!!

Ramona

Bryan, welcome to the Forum!! By now you have the lil one with you. Congrats on being a Dad.....agaiin!!

Your label is awesome!!! Definitely a label to enter in the labelmaking contest!!!!! Looks like a winner to me!!
smiley4.gif

Hey Wade, I use word 2007 and downloaded the template ,but I don't know how to apply it. If I place 1 picture in this it will print 6? How do you apply text? Maybe I need a more user friendly program.

You will need another program to apply text. When you insert a picture in the first square you adjust to what you want and then copy and paste that picture to the other 5 squares.

Back