Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robodog2008

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have making wine for almost a year now and I want to expand my wine collection by making different kits. I have been using the kits by Winexpert. I just want to know is what other line of kits be worth getting into?

Thanks for your help

smiley32.gif
MAN I LOVE THIS HOBBY
smiley32.gif

I think youll be more impressed by the other manufacturers wines like RJS Winery Series and Mosti and Cellar Craft if making red wines.

Although I have made almost thirty different kits (with 1-2 being repeats of the same brand, same varietal), I have a hard time really comparing them head-to-head, for several reasons. Different kit lines/series have differeent profiles and somewhat different (although subtle) ultimate desired flavors/finishes. From year to year, one kit may be really good but the next may be surpassed by a different brand of the same type of wine. All that said, I have been most impressed with the Mosti products and the Cellar Craft lines. I doubt you will be disappointed with any of the products GEorge carries - if you are disappointed, George will readily take care of you and fix the problem.

Welcome to the forum. Once you're comfortable making the kits, don't be afraid to experiment with adding flavors or tweaking what is provided in the kits, to suit your preferences.

Bart

1ST welcome !
Now just remember one thing in kits you get what you pay for. If you plan on just doing kits I would reccomend the kits that have skins in the pkg. Those kits are over $100.00. BUT that only comes out to $3-5.00 per bottle. You will get a much better wine.
Do what Wade and others suggested and you will be fine. Right here George has the BEST selection around. CALL him. He loves to talk to help you in winemaking.

Hi All

Thanks for the response. I'll like it here already and I have learn allot already from the threads and Georges video. I think I pick a new kit to do. It will a Mosti Mondiale All Juice Lambrusco kit. Is a good Kit and has made this kit before?

Thanks for your help
smiley32.gif

Welcome to the forum. You'll be impressed by the wealth of knowledge and experience of the group.

Welcome and glad to have you join us. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. John.

Latest posts

Back