New member from central Arkansas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer49

Engineer49
Reaction score
Hi. Just joined. Been making wine for a little over a year, after making beer since the 80s. Lucky so far, in that I have had great success with 20 batches from 1 to 6 gallons each. Looking forward to learning from the experts.

Welcome! This is a great place to be if your making wine!! Always help at a few key strokes!!

Worked at Dogpatch USA as an entertainer many years ago. Spent a lot of time in the Buffalo River at Jasper.

Worked at Dogpatch USA as an entertainer many years ago. Spent a lot of time in the Buffalo River at Jasper.

Engineer, the Buffalo River flowed right behind our house in Jasper. I vaguely remember a suspension walkway over it. We lived in Pittsburgh, PA and my Father and his partner had a cheese company in Jasper making goat milk cheese. This was back in the late 1940's. I remember riding in a Dodge Power Wagon with "Zip," the guy who picked up the milk from the farmers' stands. One of my fondest memories was of the Town Hall in the square which also contained the jail. We could talk to the prisoners through the bars and they would toss us 15 cents to get them cigarettes at the General Store cigarette machine. Cigarettes in a machine were 12 cents and there were three pennies in the pack on the side between the cellophane and the pack. We got the three cents for our troubles which we spent at the store on candy. I plan to go back next year just for old times sake.

Rocky
I was an entertainer at Dogpatch in 1971, after graduating from college. In 1972, after my first year of graduate school, I was back for the summer as the stage show manager. The entertainment troupe had it's first reunion in 2011. I think the old rock city hall building is still there, at least it was about 10 years ago. They actually have a new city hall now. Newton county is a rough place to live in my opinion. Beautiful place, though.

Looking forward to participating in this group.

Back