New Gas Grill!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unlike someone else who claims he got a new smoker......... :sm

My old one was 10 years old and the lighter hadn't worked for like 9 years. I had replaced the burner once and it was falling apart again so what better to do yesterday than snag a new one finally! Can't wait to take it out for a spin this weekend. Has a searing station (small side) to quickly sear the outside of steaks etc. Very heavy construction. 10yr warranty on the burners and they are made from stainless steel as well. On sale at Sears for $299 so seemed like a pretty good buy plus it was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by other owners. Got a good cover for it as well. :hug

20110703_111459_DSC03045.jpg

20110703_111518_DSC03046.jpg

20110703_111532_DSC03047.jpg

20110703_111605_DSC03048.jpg

20110703_111552_DSC03049.jpg

Looks nice Mike. I will have to replace mine soon and probably get one like this but cant afford it right now.

That looks a lot like the new one I got last year. It wasn't from Sears but i'm betting it's made under a couple different names. You're going to like it!

Got a good cover for it as well.

Nice grill, very nice grill. I have a SS steel grill also and originally had it covered with a good cover only to find out that moisture condensated on the grill inside the cover over the winter and spring season. Then with all the condensation I found out that a SS grill can still rust. I don't cover it anymore and it is working out much better.

Larry

Last edited:
299.00 really! you could go to jail for that.

I looked at that grill when I was at Sears a few days ago. Hard to justify with my indoor grill, but I want one anyway :)

IMG_3904.jpg

Last edited:
Thanx, Wade. I still want one of those grills like Mike got :)

I'll take one of your kitchen and one of Mikes grill. What stinks is I got a nice Vermont Castings grill and had to replace the stainless steel heat shields on it. They get you evey way they can , 3 shields at $20.00 a piece. I gave up on electric ingnitors years ago. I have never had one last longer then a year yet except on my potato gun.

I hear you with the electric igniters. Once they go I never replace them and just use the long lighter. My grill is a much cheaper black grill with the side warmer and its a Kenmore and although it isnt th greatest it still works and I must say its ut lasted the Chargrill cheapo that I usually used to buy. I will probably buy a SS grill similiar to Mikes when this one does die. I have replaced the burner twice now.

I have a small business, installing and repairing gas logs and gas grills. You are right about the ignitors, if they last a year that's pretty good. I have nothing to do with this company, but have had good service from them. If you need any parts for your grill, try clagrills.com Usually get your parts in three days and some of their parts are less expensive than I can get at the wholesailer. If I can be of any help to anyone just ask. I'll tell you what I know.

Semper Fi

I got a new grill about 3 weeks ago. My old one just never got hot enough to cook... too much wind in my area and it sucked much of the heat away. It was too small, also.

The new one is a stainless infrared type (Char Broil). Built better, so the wind doesn't bother it so much. Gets really (really!) hot. Same as for Mike, it's again good to have an electric lighter that actually works!

I've had a Weber (gas) for about 10 years. I replaced the the grates with stainless a few years ago but I have never had to replace the ignitor. Love my Weber!!

I've had a Weber (gas) for about 10 years. I replaced the the grates with stainless a few years ago but I have never had to replace the ignitor. Love my Weber!!

Ditto that Weber's are the best. Mine is 10+ my dad has one that is 20+ and still works great.

I'm just starting to need new grates, Im thinking I will get the Cast Iron grate it should last a really long time.

Just wish mine were NG instead of propane so I didn't have to swap tanks all the time.

Ditto that Weber's are the best. Mine is 10+ my dad has one that is 20+ and still works great.

I'm just starting to need new grates, Im thinking I will get the Cast Iron grate it should last a really long time.

Just wish mine were NG instead of propane so I didn't have to swap tanks all the time.

I would get the Stainless over the cast. Been there done that.

Back