New Grill!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unlike someone else who claims he got a new smoker.........
smiley2.gif

My old one was 10 years old and the lighter hadn't worked for like 9 years. I had replaced the burner once and it was falling apart again so what better to do yesterday than snag a new one finally! Can't wait to take it out for a spin this weekend. Has a searing station (small side) to quickly sear the outside of steaks etc. Very heavy construction. 10yr warranty on the burners and they are made from stainless steel as well. On sale at Sears for $299 so seemed like a pretty good buy plus it was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by other owners. Got a good cover for it as well.
smiley1.gif

20110703_111459_DSC03045.jpg

20110703_111518_DSC03046.jpg

20110703_111532_DSC03047.jpg

20110703_111605_DSC03048.jpg

20110703_111552_DSC03049.jpg

You are such a wise a$$! LOL Heres my proof buddy and mine was free so stick that were the sun dont shine!!! LOL.
20110703_115909_Smoker_1.jpg

20110703_115948_Smoker_2.jpg

Nice new grill and smoker....lets get them heated up and bring on the meat! I will be smoking 20 lbs of pork butt overnight for pulled pork at tomorrow's picnic.

Bwahahahahahahaha........
smiley36.gif

Let us know how you like it!

Wade said:
You are such a wise a$$! LOL Heres my proof buddy and mine was free so stick that were the sun dont shine!!! LOL.

OK so are we showing our smokers??

Here's mine WORKING

20110703_152332_SANY0005_Small.JPG

St Louis Ribs smoking with Cherry wood

20110703_152456_SANY0006_Small.JPG

Hey Guys, that is some serious cookng and smoking equipment. Mike, that is a great buy on the Sears grill. Get them rib eyes fired up! Yum.

We had rib-eyes on the grill last night- first ones in ages and man were they great.

Mike you don't need a smoker there do you or did the showers put the fires out?

Probably won't need to smoke anything for awhile.....
smiley19.gif

Winds have shifted ATM and its pretty bad here in White Rock. May have to turn off the swamp cooler as its just sucking it into the house and making it worse.

appleman said:
We had rib-eyes on the grill last night- first ones in ages and man were they great.

Mike you don't need a smoker there do you or did the showers put the fires out?

Yup, that's my point- everything should be good and smoked- maybe even with mesquite! I know when the forest fires were to our north, it stayed smoky and smelly half the summer. Hope it gets the fires the rest of the way out and gets the smoke and charred wood rinsed off.

Just ate the smokedSt Louis Ribs. Cooked them 8 hours. The bone just comes out clean. Hmm...GOOD!

tepe said:
Just ate the smokedSt Louis Ribs. Cooked them 8 yrs. The bone just comes out clean. Hmm...GOOD!

Damn Tom after 8 yrs you're lucky to even have the bone left, let alone anything else. I guess thats all part of the three P's.

Here is the remains from the grilled dinner from tonight.
Right is Buffalo Chicken Pizza (Chicken, Franks Hot Sauce & Butter, Mozzarella cheese).
Left is Hot Italian Sausage & Mozzarella.
Both on fresh Whole Wheat dough.

20110703_201856_2011-07-03_20.0.jpg

Here is the grill....

20110703_201956_2011-07-03_20.0.jpg

Best investment I ever made...Used to goto Lowes every weekend for a new tank. Ran connection to the house about a year ago just before buying the Weber Stainless Natural Gas grill.

20110703_202115_2011-07-03_20.0.jpg

If we can't grill it we don't eat it.
Wendy has pictures of me last winter in the big 6" snow storm here standing on the deck grilling in my bare feet.

brent2489 said:
Best investment I ever made...Used to goto Lowes every weekend for a new tank. Ran connection to the house about a year ago just before buying the Weber Stainless Natural Gas grill.

If we can't grill it we don't eat it.

Wendy has pictures of me last winter in the big 6" snow storm here standing on the deck grilling in my bare feet.

Yes, natural gas is wonderful. When we built this house we added an extra gas line just for the grill and now all the propane tanks are used for hubby's brewing. And yep we grill almost every meal, just fortunately for us temps stay pretty nice all year round.

Oh yea, I shovel my deck every storm even if that means 2' of snow so I can get to my grill. Nothing like steak, burgs or even just veggies on the grill. Tom, thats just sick, your pushing your patience to my very end!!!
smiley36.gif

20 lbs of pork butt is prepped and in smoker....11 hours till it will be done and ready to pull and eat!

tepe said:
Just ate the smokedSt Louis Ribs. Cooked them 8 yrs. The bone just comes out clean. Hmm...GOOD!

tepe
you have to be entered in the Guiness book of records for ooking ribs the longest. My god man, 8 years !!! Im surprised there was anything left. What temp were you cooking at?
smiley4.gif

Waldo said:
tepe said:

tepe
you have to be entered in the Guiness book of records for ooking ribs the longest. My god man, 8 years !!! Im surprised there was anything left. What temp were you cooking at?
smiley4.gif

LOL talk about a TYPO !

Damn homebrew talking again...

Yrs., hrs, what's the difference?
smiley36.gif

When done Tom takes his 8 day rib ashes and mixes it in his favorite sauce and slathers it over the real ribs! Double barbied ribs.. mmmm mmm, lip smackin good.

Latest posts

Back