New From Kentucky

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyvinoman

Junior
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am renewing my interest in winemaking from long ago. I used to make wine with my father when I was in my late teens from grapes and since that time quit and I never thought about pursuing it again until now. My reasoning was since I didn't have access to grapes anymore and I always thought that concentrate kits etc were not of high enough quality to mess with.
Well recently a neighbor introduced me to the kit wines he was making and that made me realize how much improved they are now and it also piqued my interest to start my own.
I just started my first kit on 10/29 and have another kit ready to go in a week or two. My kit is waiting and has the skins with it so I am anxious to get that one going.
I may not contribute much at first but believe me I really already appreciate the wealth of information and knowledgeable people on this site.

Thanks
John

John welcome to WMT. It was entirely because of wine kits I got started in wine making. After doing way too many, I don't do very many anymore but I think they are awesome.

Welcome John, same here,,all started with a kit. Watch out it is addicting! and soo much fun

Welcome to the forum! I didn't do kits until recently either, but I've been happy with them so far, especially the kits that have skins.

Welcome John! What are the kits you are making?

So far I have just made one, the California Zinfandel /Shiraz from World Vineyard. Nex I am making the Barolo with skins and will proabably stick with those kits that only come with skins.
Correction - not Barolo Brunello!

Last edited:
Back