RJ Spagnols Need a substitute for Pomegranate Zinfandel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 18523

Reaction score
Hi,
I had ordered a Wine Expert Island Mist Pomegranate Zinfandel, but the store forgot to place the order and it wont be in for a while. I sampled a bottle from this kit and like it. The store is recommending two substitutes and I was wondering if anyone had tried these and had any comments.
1) RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin - Black Cherry Pinot Noir
2) RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin - Cranberry Chianto
3) RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin - Wildberry Zinfandel

Does anyone have an opinion on any of these. Would prefer to hear some thoughts/recommendations before I agree to substitute. I wanted to have this ready for Thanksgiving Dinner since these are only 4 week kits
thanks
Rich

RJS makes a Pomegranate Wildberry Zin and that is most likely the last one on that list you typed as its the only Wildberry Zin they make.

I did the OB blackcherry Pinot Noir and really liked it. I made it around April and it is almost gone. Those OB's are ready to drink right after they clear.
Maybe the OB Sangria with Seville oranges I liked a little better, but not by much.

My brother made the RJS Wildberry Pom Zin last year and we liked it so I made the same kit this year and it is just as good - very fruity. I would think it would be similar to the WE one

Rich,
I saw your post and was thinking this sounds familar. I was in that store the day you were there and was feeling bad for you! Tara made the Black Cherry Pinot Noir and it is very comparible to the Pomegranite Zin. I like this one alot. I'm sure you already made your mind up and best of luck.
I also just heard a rumor they might be discontinuing the Watermelon White Merlot, if you haven't made this one yet get yourself one before it's gone!!
Dave

I must say that the Watermelon white Merlot tastes very much like a Jolly Rancher candy.

Wildberry Shiraz with the alcohol content at about 12 or 13% is goooooooooood stuff !!!

Back