WineXpert Nebbiolo d’Alba

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OilnH2O

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although George sent me this kit almost three weeks ago, my Junior Partner has just found time (sophomore -- isn't it amazing how these kids go ten ways at once?) to help with getting it into the primary. I have high hopes for this kit! Hope everyone else bought one!
smiley36.gif

I will be making up mine today also and will be teaching my partner the ways of wine making since she went to Winestock and knows all the tricks taught by Tim.

LOL, this is too bizarre. Mine has been sitting there for over a month as well and I hope to get mine started today as well. Masta, you are lucky. I hope to get my wife to Winestock 2 so I can increase her interest as well, so far hers is limited to enjoying the end product. In regards to the kit, I have high hopes for it as well as many others do. I guess time will tell!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Don't forget to share with the less fortunate!
smiley2.gif
Smurfe, I hope to meet your wife at Winestock II.

Well the wife and I tag teamed 4 wine kits and 1 beer kit today so this is a first for Valley Brew to start 5 batches at once! I will make a wine maker out of her yet and not just a drinker.
smiley2.gif

<UL>
<LI>Winexpert Selection LE Italian Piedmont Nebbiolo d'Alba</LI>
<LI>Winexpert Island Mist Green Apple Riesling</LI>
<LI>Winexpert Island Mist Kiwi Pear Sauvignon Blanc</LI>
<LI>Winexpert Vintner's Reserve Passport Australian Chardonnay</LI>
<LI>Winexpert Barons Premium Mexican Cerveza</LI>[/list]

I am flying solo today, Poor Bert has abandon his PWP for field work. So, I must stay busy! This morning I started a Canadian Golden Ale and then used the box to package up a marinade sample that I'm going to send out.

Right now I'm warming some water to start my Stag's Leap Merlot. The water is just too cold coming out of the tap! It is certainly a starting type day here on the forum!

And... Not only am I doing this, but I cleaned up the wine cellar mess! Oh my gosh! The crap going on in that room!
smiley18.gif
I can now actually get to the wine rack. I also rearranged the wine rack andcellared 3 batches of wine. (Pineapple, Riesling and beet.)

Edited by: PolishWineP

Looks like I missed out.
The Nebbiolo was gone by the time I ordered it.
Serves me right for waiting

I must ask, Beet WIne? What's that like, sugar beets or regular purple beets? That sounds absolutely intriguing. I would never have thought of making that one, but beets are readily available.

Fill us in a little or if you've posted on the subject point us in the right direction.
smiley1.gif

I'd never try making wine from sugar beets!
smiley11.gif
I know the smell when they start to go, and it's bad!

I just used red beets. MedPretzel has also made it. Hers kept the beautiful irridenscent (sp) magenta, mine didn't. I used Terry Gerry's recipe. I had several tastes when bottling and so far I really like it. I'm going to age it another 6 months before trying it again. It does have a very earthy flavor to it and can see drinking it with stew and other heavy meals.

I didn't sweeten it at all. I'm going to make another batch this fall, but use more beets per gallon than I did with this batch. I can still detect a beet taste in it, but don't know how it will be in 6-12 months. Edited by: PolishWineP

Latest posts

Back