My Second Batch....Altered Dragon's Blood.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't KNOW anything...it's all a guess... the pics show and tell enough info for me to make a decision, though. I did read somewhere, that 3 drops per glass was enough to cancel out the Sulfites from that glass. I did some measuring and guessing, and that motivated me to come to my "quantity" for addition.

On the last batch of wine, neither of the two 5 gallon carboys, "Foamed", when nutrient, energizer, or Camden Tabs were added. Well, maybe a slight release with the Camden tabs, but nothing even close to the reaction that I saw, yesterday.

Thanks to the Mythbusters, I somewhat understand Nucleation. :)

I can't remember what reacts with CO2, though... (it might have been a sweetener or preservative....a Sulfite?)

Accurately.....you are right! But, I'll try to be pretty close.

I'm guessing,....... trying to make small steps, noticing and noting what changes what, and trying to keep a positive attitude. I haven't thrown in the towel, yet.

I have come to some realizations and conclusions, though.

I appreciate your input...you're unlike a few of the others who have a "Short Rod" and a "mouthful of opinion."

I tried to let it go, but my high dollar airlock exploded. I was forced to make some changes.

You did suggest the Splash Racking,.... I even said that I was gonna do it....Somehow I "bought" the Hydrogen Peroxide theory.

I figured that Sulfur and Sulfites are different...kinda like Oxygen and Oxides..... yeah, they have the same molecule, but they are "altered."

Hopefully, I have been able to answer your questions.
'

I am glad you are trying to learn and your do not give up attitude is a good thing to have but I tend to not like to guess around with my chemicals way too much. But that is just me, and my background has created that kind of disposition in myself.

If this does not turn out I would take it as a live and learn experience ( I have had some pretty rough ones before). It is easy to make more dragon's blood. I would at this point just let the dragon's blood do whatever it is going to do at this point. I myself would be weary of drinking it due to the peroxide in it ( a perhaps illogical fear) but that is just me.

As far as yeast sulfite production, I am pretty sure that the sulfur produced by the wine is of the safe form released by Kmeta just simply misnamed. Ie sulfur=S sulfite =SO2 But people call SO2 generated by yeast as Sulfur=S...

However, I wish you the best of luck and do not get discouraged.

RMWO, I have to say you have my respect.
I have been making wine for a few years now, by no means as knowledgeable as other on this board, but I have read through this thread twice now
And your "never give up" attitude is to be admired.
I am enjoying reading all of this and let me encourage you to "don't give up now".
So much of this discussion is way over my head, but wow, the stuff your going through and the adding, the measuring etc....buddy, you just need to drink some wine!

Cheers to ya.

Thank you.....

You are right, I need a glass or two. :h

If you dont follow the recipe its not dragons blood, Its something else. I can understand following the recipe the first time and THEN tweaking it to your liking but to say its dragons blood because you included fruit and water and lemon dont make it so. Also, its nothing like Boons Farm! that's my opinion. good luck

If you dont follow the recipe its not dragons blood, Its something else. I can understand following the recipe the first time and THEN tweaking it to your liking but to say its dragons blood because you included fruit and water and lemon dont make it so. Also, its nothing like Boons Farm! that's my opinion. good luck

Read the title again...... I didn't call it "Dragons Blood."

Also, I didn't compare it to Boones Farm, I said.....

I have read through a number of success stories, of Dragon's Blood. I have never been a big "Fruit Wine" guy, but I remembered the early years of a little Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill, and I thought that the DB sounded good, and easy...........

that's what I said. good luck

How's the fermenting going? Having you taken any recent reading for SG?

I deleted the last two posts because RhynoMakingWineO, it is obvious that you were upset by the previous post for you to post what you just did. If you have an problem with someone's post please take it to a pm.

I deleted the last two posts because RhynoMakingWineO, it is obvious that you were upset by the previous post for you to post what you just did. If you have an problem with someone's post please take it to a pm.

Why give an explanation now?

Either, you or one of the other admins didn't on the first deletions?

You did a fortified port, right James.

I'm planning to do chaptalization on mine. Essentially a Jack Keller/DangerDave Dragon Blood Port variation, like.

You get the idea. :h

I do hope you post a recipe on it when your done Dave

Why give an explanation now?

Either, you or one of the other admins didn't on the first deletions?

I was not the one who deleted your other post. I know you read the pm I sent you and you should be smart enough to know you are not going to win this argument, stop pushing.

I was not the one who deleted your other post. I know you read the pm I sent you and you should be smart enough to know you are not going to win this argument, stop pushing.

Check the dates and times of the items you speak.

I'm guessing that you have some PrivateMessage vs Post time dyslexia.

Stop pushing what?.... or....What stop pushing?

RMWO,
Please be get back to winemaking or else I'm afraid you'll get the banhammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back