My Personal Goal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well update time. This past week only showed a weight loss of 2 lbs. But that is ok becuase I didnt do so well last Friday or Saturday. But I am trying to exercise at least 1 hour every day. I signed up for dodgeball and a Ironman contest at the Y.So things are coming along :).

Scuba

smiley20.gif

Scuba,

Nice job, bud. Don't be frustrated at 2 pounds in a week. A normal, healthy fat loss limit from a standard biochemical standpoing is 1-2 pounds per week. Keep that up for a year and you've lost 52-104 pounds. :)

- Jim

I dont even want to look as I went to a game dinner on Friday and took my wife out to eat as she was jealous on Sat. Ate somewhat light as game food is leaner but all the Jack and Cokes to go with it were not so light. Ate grilled chicken when we went out though. I was down 3 lbs after 1 week but I bet thats null and void now.

I'm with you guys. Started off Jan. 8 - so far lost from 241 down to 225. Just lowered the carbs, upped the fat, no exercise. You know, your typical diet.

smiley3.gif

Ugh, update time. Well bittersweet moment, didnt lose anything this week but on the other hand I didnt gain anything :). But I am happy to see that my belt is getting a little looser.

Scuba

I am at the other end of the scale! I just keep getting smaller and smaller. I'm not going to die, I'm just going to fade away!!!
smiley36.gif

Scuba,

If you are exercising with enough resistance, your body will add some weight due to muscle gain (and the consequent water required to store the glycogen = cellular energy) while it loses fat. If the belt is going in the right direction but the scale isn't moving, especially in the beginning, that's a fine sign - just stay the course. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

- Jim

I agree with Jim, I too am on a weight loss campaign and after about 20 lbs or so down and a lot of exercise, my weight has stabalized but my waist has dropped 2" !!! I am doing a mix of 30 min hard cardio on an eliptical machine and 30 minutes with weights a day. So hang in there and don't get discouraged, as long as you can burn a little more calories than you take in you will continue to loose. No question the slower the loss rate the easier it is to maintain it long term.....No which is more fattening red or white wine...........doesn't matter I have my first three batches of wine going, 2 of them bulk aging and one in secondary ferment....still have a ways to go before anything is ready to drink.........dam this patience thing.... Edited by: bbarer

I just hit 20 pounds too, this morning.

I'm not exercising though (not yet).

I have gained a pound, as we buchered 3 hogs last week, and with the boiled tongue, sweet breads, scrambled eggs with brains, blood sausage, pudden meat & pancakes, souse, and chitlins I just stuffed my self.
smiley20.gif
Tomy Edited by: Tomy

hannabarn said:
smiley36.gif
Did you throw the meat in the garbage??

I doubt it Barney. Some folks eat everything but the squeal when they butcher hogs. Waste not, want not!
smiley4.gif

But I'm with NW there( I just about lost my dinner as I read it).
smiley11.gif

I must admit that after last weekend I lost my ambition but will get it soon. I havent lost any and havent gained any.

wade said:
I must admit that after last weekend I lost my ambition but will get it soon. I havent lost any and havent gained any.

Same here. I kinda got off track there for a few days and didnt really care but Im back on track so I should be doing better again.

Latest posts

Back