MY JAO

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEBama

Reaction score
20090404_043903_JAOPICTURES_007.jpg

This is my JAO started on 12/28/09 from left to right manderine orange,sweetorange,sour orange,manderine orange. It is now past 2 months clear but the fruit has not settled. Should I rack and add camden tablet to each one or give it more time with the fruit?AL

Sometimes the fruit won't drop due to the CO2 in the wine/mead. I took Smurfe's advice and racked it before the fruit fell. Easier because the fruit is not obstructing the bottom and you can get more liquid. Since you started that 3 months ago, if I was going to age it I'd put 1 tab of campden in each and airlock it after racking it off the lees and fruit and you are good for 3-4 months before racking again(if you want to wait that long).

NEBama said:
This is my JAO started on 12/28/09 from left to right manderine orange,sweetorange,sour orange,manderine orange. It is now past 2 months clear but the fruit has not settled. Should I rack and add camden tablet to each one or give it more time with the fruit?AL

Interesting... you started this on 12/29/09
smiley36.gif

Don't let it bother you. There should be a contest on here for funniest typos... Wonder if George would sponsor it?
smiley36.gif

gaudet said:
Don't let it bother you. There should be a contest on here for funniest typos... Wonder if George would sponsor it?
smiley36.gif

That contest wouldn't be fair, unless the moderators were kept out of it. Me and another male moderator here (I'm not going to go into the water up to my knees naming his name here- he gets upset)would win hands down for the worst typos
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif

Anyone with more than 5000 posts would be exempt...................... Since you would have more of them. But there could always be a moderator blooper category, no prizes though........
smiley18.gif

LOL I knew it was a TYPO. Just thought it was funny.
smiley1.gif

Those two bottles on the left, what do you have stuck in the necks? Some sort of weird air lock?

MJD I call them burping air locks they make a funny noise when in a big carboy giving off alot of CO2. They are made of silicone easy and areto clean.I got acouple just to try they are not supposed to go bad like gum rubber does.They are good for bulk ageing as they will let any gas escape without letting any nasties in the wine.AL

Back