Music and winemaking...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetwine

Advanced Idiot
Reaction score
What music you listen to when you work on the wine can say alot about how you approach the process and the attitude you take with your new wines...

I asked this in the chat the other night, and it was really interesting to hear the responses....

So I'm asking it here to... What do you listen to/play for the wine? :a1

To be honest - I don't listen to music when i work on my wine.

99% of the time - have my 5 and 3 year olds "helping" me out :)

I don't listen to any music but I would love to have a nice tv in the basement to watch. It would be nice to watch the news or something while spending time in the basement.

When I do Listen while making wine or beer I'll listen to either classic rock or country depending on the mood I'm in at the time.

5 and 3 yr old "helpers"... LOL! I have those too... I usually listen to rock, mostly southern rock.... depends on my mood too... DAn just doesn't want to miss Idol... :)

Usually classic rock but I can get into some heavy rock also like Rage Against the Machine or Sabbath.

Usually classic rock but I can get into some heavy rock also like Rage Against the Machine or Sabbath.

LOL! I new there was a reason Wade was awesome :db:db.... (other then his winmaking experience...)

Don't listen to music, but my husband, Mike, and I usually are tasting the wine that we are currently working on and discuss with each other our opinions of that wine. Even thou Mike is more of a beer drinker and I know he has put off making beer to help me with my wine, I really enjoy those times that we can look at the wine from different angles while we our either racking or bottling. When we bottle, he fills the bottle and I cork and we both sip the wine we are bottling while we are doing our prospective jobs.

Well at racking time/bottling here, hubby sends kids to grandma's, we order a pizza, and hubby plays the guitar and sings to me while I work. He does expect me to keep the tastings comming though! LOL!

I just wish he would stop singing things like....
"I wouldn't take her to a dogfight, or any other place I've ever been,
No, I wouldn't take her to a dogfights, Even if she had a chance to win..."

I'm a total jazz guy so regardless if I'm making wine or not, it's going!!!

But...it does suit the mood of winemaking!!

Cheers!!

Blues, Classic Rock, and a little bit of Country. Playlists are typically B.B. King, Jack White, ZZ Top, The Black Keys, Johnny Cash, The Eagles, Skynyrd, and John Lee Hooker.

Every once in a while I get in an Incubus, Red Hot, Sublime mood.

Blues, Classic Rock, and a little bit of Country. Playlists are typically B.B. King, Jack White, ZZ Top, The Black Keys, Johnny Cash, The Eagles, Skynyrd, and John Lee Hooker.

HAHAHA, 1 more Skynyrd fan.... So, yall can just quit rolling ur eyes at little ol' hillbilly me! :)

There are millions of hillbillies in this world who enjoy Skynyrd. You're not alone.

I know, but there's not alot on here! And I sure hopre some of these people have bettter taste in wine than bands... LOL!

Steve where are you? You're our DJ....
Freebird! Freebird! Freebird! LOL!

HAHAHA, 1 more Skynyrd fan.... So, yall can just quit rolling ur eyes at little ol' hillbilly me! :)

So do hillbilly "rockers" keep juke boxes and guitars on there front porches instead of washing machines and couches? :) I expect you to bring some new tunes next week for to the chat room.

So do hillbilly "rockers" keep juke boxes and guitars on there front porches instead of washing machines and couches? :) I expect you to bring some new tunes next week for to the chat room.

Actually I'm looking for a jukebox! LOL! And we keep the guitar right inside the front door by my fiddle! We don't have a covered proch though, or there might be one outside. Theres a radio that gets left out run by the extension cord for Hubby's diesel... Does that count?

There's an old dishwasher on the back porch that hasn't gotten taken care of... Mostly since the thermostate works and I'm thinking of a way to repurpose it... But if my fridge doesn't stop being loony I'm throwing it out there for shotgun practice!

Latest posts

Back