Meet up, March 29, 2014

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh, I may have to curtail my Friday night wine to only 2 bottles.....

Julie, we may be bringing an apprentice winemaker too....

Unfortunately I've had an emergency come up and won't be able to make it tomorrow.

Wish I could join you folks, wife's sister 87th birthday.....having a small party in the party room in the home she's in.... Never know how many more days are going to be left in this world. Going to miss the great wine swap........

Al

Back home safe thru the snow! Great times, people! Great times, and wines! They won't forget us at Luva Bella anytime soon! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

What an awesome time we had!!!!!!! Even with it being Mike's birthday!!!!!!!

great time and we wonder when Mike's birthday is?

Thanks to Mr. and Mrs Danger for making the drive. Its' always great to see the two of you.

Thanks to Julie for putting this together and taking the heat for us....

Well thanks to you Bill for getting us our juice buckets and next time you better pay more attention to the time!!!!! :) :)

Yea, the look on Mike's face when we sang happy birthday to him for the seventh time. Priceless!ImageUploadedByWine Making1396185267.272693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

special thanks to Steve, Flo, Geos and Amy for putting up with my "crossing-the-line" wife...

And Julie, the squeeky (or fussing) wheel gets the juice. thanks to Charlie for opening back up for us....

So... I must have missed something. Go figure after drinking wine all afternoon. Had the juice bucket part of Luva Bella closed before we left? I just followed the gang over to the garage and got my juice.... Completely unaware....

Stephen
Skycrestfarm

Lest anyone mistake the intent of the get-together, it really was a wine-makers get together (hehe). Fortunately (for Mike) we were more than willing to share the time and wine in honor of his ---th birthday,,,, many times over!! Good planning Julie! We enjoyed a great time with good friends and some really good home-made brews. Dave's wines are spot on, but his labels reveal a greater creativity. I'm going to attempt to copy Bills "Bushy Run" FCC!
We'll be working toward another in the Fall. Maybe we can tell Mike happy b'day again!!Thanks to Lu'Va Bella for allowing us,,,,

Alright, who gave me a bottle of wine with no label? It's a green Bordeaux bottle, what's in it?

I had a reservation for 16 but only 12 showed up. They had us in one of the new room additions, which was very nice having a private room. They had two table rows set up but because there was ony 12 of us, we took from the one row to extend the other row, so we were all able to sit together and naturally for one person at one end to hear another person at the other end, voices where loud, lol, but this was a private room plus the acoustics was terrible, our voices were echoing. Well they decided to sit a couple with their children at what was left of the table we were not using. Their dining area was not full at all so I was confused on why they were brought back to our area. Anyway, we continued to have a good time and the couple with their children continue to have a problem with that. I believe they complained to Ruth. When Mike and I were leaving, Ruth stopped us and said they we really should not have drank any of our wines, she said that their liquor laws do not allow that. I have no idea about Ohio liquor laws but in PA if the owner allows we can do a BYOB, some places will charge a cork charge but it is allowed. I was not going to say anything but after thinking about it today, I felt I needed to say something.

I am thinking in the fall, we get ours buckets and go to another restaurant for our get together. I know Fat Jimmy's in new Castle will give us their back room and we can bring our own wine. Fat Jimmy's is about 15 - 20 minute ride from Luva Bella's,.

And Mike's birthday will be a day later so no singing happy birthday seven or eight times, lol.

Last edited:
Julie, I believe Ruth is right and I could never understand why she did allow us to bring our wines into her place to drink like that. I think there is a liability issue but I do not know for sure.
In PA an owner can allow BYOB if he does not have a license to sell himself.

Back