Meet up, March 29, 2014

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Julie whats the scoop on Fat Jimmies. I have heard good things about it in the past and recommended people to go there. I just looked at their reviews and they were really bad. Just wondering if it was a few bad episodes.

We have gone there last year and I talked to them about a meeting and they don't have a problem with allowing us to bringing in our own wine. Their food is really good but their service is a little slow, so I'm wondering if the bad review they are getting is from their service.

the unmarked bottle is a Raspberry Dragonfruit White Shiraz. My secretary was busy this week and we didn't get to print the labels.

And we wouldn't have brought in our wines had the previous 3 meetings not occured where we were able to bring in our wines and not only did no one say anything, but the waitresses even asked for tastings. But I feel we should respect thier wishes. However, should we now go to Presque Isle for juice or to Consumer's in Pittsburgh for juice? Either way, we get to see new sights and could drop in on Dan and do a side trip to Walkers too. In Pitt, we are pretty close to home and there has got to be a restaurant or two that would put up with our crowd....

If interested, I know a restaurant in the Cabot, Pa. area that would be glad to have us. Unfortunately it is about an hour toward Pittsburgh. The owner may want a few samples though ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Wine Making mobile app

The owner wouldn't happen to share your last name? And would we have to grease the taste buds of the local policeman with the same last name as you?

And we would need to see a menu....

Ohio liquor laws wine and cider are pretty open. If the company allows it, you can drink either from a glass in the middle of their restaurant or store. Beer and liquor aren't like that at all though.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

the unmarked bottle is a Raspberry Dragonfruit White Shiraz. My secretary was busy this week and we didn't get to print the labels.

What the heck is that, it sounds delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

The thing that surprised me when reading about the interaction after the event was over is that isn't our first meet and greet there where we asked and were given permission to sample our own wines there. The staff joined us last year when we were in the main restuarant area. Nice place, good food and good wine, but I agree maybe it's time to search out another meeting location..

Latest posts

Back