L'uva Bella Chilean Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently filtering my Pinot Noir & Zinfandel I got from Luva Bella last spring, will have to get ready to bottle next week to make room for this springs juice....
Looking at the new list will go for Whites this spring. My son already requested the Pinot Grigio. Looking for another bucket type that would make a nice med-sweet white.... Any suggestions???

Al

I got the Muscato last year. You can backsweeten it to whatever level suits your taste. I only brought it back to 1.000 as I'm not crazy about real sweet wines. This year I am getting the Gewurtztraminer.

I got the Muscato last year. You can backsweeten it to whatever level suits your taste. I only brought it back to 1.000 as I'm not crazy about real sweet wines. This year I am getting the Gewurtztraminer.

Flem, how do you like it sweetened to 1.000? I am not sure from your post but you say that this year you are getting a Gewurtztraminer, indicating that you may not be happy with the Moscato even sweetened to that level. Reason I am asking is I have 5 gallons of Muscat from which I will need 4 for blending. The last gallon was going to be sweetened somewhat as the Muscat fermented to dry is not a pleasant taste to me.

The Muscato that I backsweetened to 1.000 was perfect for my wife and me. Just a hint of sweetness. I decided to get the Gewurtztraminer just to try something different. I'll get a couple of commercial bottles to see how I like the flavor profile before bottling it.
I'll bring a bottle of the Muscato to the "meet and greet".

Last spring I got the Malbec and a Zinfindal

The malbec i backsweeten to .998 and the zin i backsweeten to 1.004 and they have been bottled, I tried both of them in the last two weeks, wow are they good, I am definitely buying these this spring again. Actually, I was thinking of bringing the malbec and the zin for everyone to try.

Ok, just placed my order:

Malbec
Zinfandel
Riesling
Sauvignon Blanc

And I will probably checking to see what they have extra at the end of April and pick up a couple of buckets.

Malbec
Zinfandel
Riesling
Sauvignon Blanc

And I will probably checking to see what they have extra at the end of April and pick up a couple of buckets.

Yup, did that already too. I got 3 buckets a Malbec, 1 Syrah, 3 Chardonnay and 1 Viognier. I plan on blending the Syrah and Vionier in the spirit of "Cote De Rotie" :dg

Julie, I'm interested in your Backsweetening of your Malbec? just going to .998 kept it dry tasting? I would surely like to try some at the Meet and Greet :d

Yup, did that already too. I got 3 buckets a Malbec, 1 Syrah, 3 Chardonnay and 1 Viognier. I plan on blending the Syrah and Vionier in the spirit of "Cote De Rotie" :dg

Julie, I'm interested in your Backsweetening of your Malbec? just going to .998 kept it dry tasting? I would surely like to try some at the Meet and Greet :d

Yes, it kept it dry but not real dry, I'm really enjoying it. I plan on bringing a bottle of that plus, my Zinfandel- backsweeten to 1.004, I believe, also bringing a Montepulciano-this is a year and half old did an MLF on it and really want to hear others opinion on it AND my candy cane wine.

Malbec
Zinfandel
Riesling
Sauvignon Blanc

Julie, how did you place your order? Did you call and say you would pick up on the 31st? That is the best that I could do .

Julie, how did you place your order? Did you call and say you would pick up on the 31st? That is the best that I could do .

I faxed it from work, with the pickup date of March 31st, I should get an email confirmation back within the next couple of days. This is what I did last year and it worked well.

I'm also planning on going out towards the end of April, so if any of you guys want to meet again, we can make plans on the 31st for a second meet and greet

I wanted to make this trip but won't be able to. If there is anyone going from my area that could pick up a bucket for me, I could help pay for the gas .:cw

I am all set. Called in my order today for 3 Cabs, a Riesling, a Sauv. Blanc and 2 Viogniers. Gotta keep my Bride stocked with whites! I have about 90 gallons in carboys or demijohn right now, most of which is red.

Holy cow, guys! I'm only planning on the Gewurtztraminer. All my "jugs" are full and I have a kit waiting in the wings. Don't know if I can free up another before March 31.

I know what you mean Mike. I have to do some serious bottling between now and then. All I have in empty carboys at present are 2 sixes and 2 fives. Come on, Amazon! Rocky needs a new pair of sixes!

I hear ya, I have about 50 gallons I need to bottle but just haven't had the time. We are thinking of getting the scuppernong bottled tonight that will free up a 5 and a 3, need the three for the blueberry/pom I started last night and the 5 I'll save for Luva, I usually use 5 gallon and 1 gallon carboys for my juice buckets.

Holy cow, guys! I'm only planning on the Gewurtztraminer. All my "jugs" are full and I have a kit waiting in the wings. Don't know if I can free up another before March 31.

If you need one I'm sure I can spare one or 2 for you..... I plan on bottling some reds soon.

Thanks, Doug. I appreciate the offer and might take you up on it. I do have a couple of fives that I could combine with ones like Julie does. I'll figure something out. Thanks, again!

Let me know. I have 2 6's that are in use with pee but that will be transferrd out before the 30th and I should have a couple of 5's available if you need them.

You guys all have little issue's, quit your snibbling. Bottle your wine or go get more carboys. You know you need and want them!! LMAO Just kidding kinda. I was thinking the same as you guys this past weekend and went crazy bottling until I ran out of corks after about 7 carboys. I sent Lafite and email on Sunday stating I neened them asap and they told me I'd have them in about 10 days and thats with my logo on them! Now thats service.

Latest posts

Back