Lost on the new website

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper24

Reaction score
I am new to the forum (June) and I had just gotten used to the old website. Now with the new upgrade I am lost looking for things. Please tell me I am not the only one. I liked to read the old new post list to see where things were with people now I can't find it. Help me navigate!

Johnd helped me with the 'new posts' button this morning. At the top center of the page next to the white letters "Members" is a hard to see black lettered "Forum". Hover on it and at the bottom is the "new posts" button. You may also have to mark all forums as read, higher up on the hover list, so that everything doesn't appear as new. But you will lose what's new from the last time you checked in.

You're not alone. Doesn't make this better or worse, just a change that we've got to get used to.

Johnd helped me with the 'new posts' button this morning. At the top center of the page next to the white letters "Members" is a hard to see black lettered "Forum". Hover on it and at the bottom is the "new posts" button. You may also have to mark all forums as read, higher up on the hover list, so that everything doesn't appear as new. But you will lose what's new from the last time you checked in.

You're not alone. Doesn't make this better or worse, just a change that we've got to get used to.

Johnd higher up on what page I am having trouble finding the button you are referring to. Thanks for the help

Johnd I see the problem. On the mobile app those buttons are not where you show them to be. At least not on my phone. Those buttons are located on the far left and they don't do anything on my phone. I will check my computer and see if I can't get things to work that way. Thanks for all your help

Were we told that the site would change? A little too much red for my eyes. What problem is this new format looking to solve?

1. Security. vB3 was not being patched anymore PLUS we moved to SSL
  2. Ease of sharing, you can now copy/paste images direct into quick reply.
  3. Site speed, xF is a smaller page load and quicker response time.
  4. Truly responsive mobile skin. Before the mobile version was a totally different template.

How do you figure out which threads you have already read and which ones have been added to since you looked at them. I know it probably has something to do with the red or black printing and probably something to do with the blue dot. Sometimes it will go to the last post read and sometimes not. I know I am puter illiterate but keep stumbling along. LOL, Arne.

Well, clicked on one of the small dots and it said go to first unread thread. First time I saw that. Arne.

How do you figure out which threads you have already read and which ones have been added to since you looked at them. I know it probably has something to do with the red or black printing and probably something to do with the blue dot. Sometimes it will go to the last post read and sometimes not. I know I am puter illiterate but keep stumbling along. LOL, Arne.

Well, clicked on one of the small dots and it said go to first unread thread. First time I saw that. Arne.

I have in the upper right hand corner a little heart, when there are any new posts that I have replied to, there is a number, depending on how many have responded since I was last on, beside the heart. Also if you go to forums and click on the down arrow you will see where it says "new posts"

I have in the upper right hand corner a little heart, when there are any new posts that I have replied to, there is a number, depending on how many have responded since I was last on, beside the heart. Also if you go to forums and click on the down arrow you will see where it says "new posts"

They've also added a selection on the Main Forum Bar, entitled "Recent Posts" which does the same thing that "New Posts" does, although the terminology should be changed to "New Posts", IMO.

When the new platform was launched, all previous posts, ALL of them, were showing up as "Unread" for me, so I selected the "Mark All Read" option and started from scratch from there. Now, when I visit, I simply click the "Recent Posts" option from the main bar, and view all posts and / or threads that have been updated since my last visit. Hope that helps @Arne !!

Back