ISLAND MIST KIT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
HAS ANYONE MADE THE NEW CRANBERRY MELBEC KIT ,IF SO HOW WAS IT? DO IN NEED UP THE ABV.,GOING TO START THIS ONE SOON,JUST SOUNDED GOOD SO I'LL TRY IT...WHAT SAY YE''''

I haven't tried that one, but I make several summer wine kits each year, our friends really enjoy them; we open them for drinking around June 1st. and the wine (12 gallons) is generally gone by late September.

I always up the ABV by adding sugar until I get an initial SG of about 1.085. It doesn't seem to loose much balance at that point.

We always pour our summer wines over a full glass of ice; add some fresh fruit to the glass.

Yours sounds really good. Let us know how it turns out.

I made it. I made it to my basement and its still sitting on the floor waiting to be made. I agree, it does sound very good. I will probably start it next week. I will shoot for 1.085

I will start this when i pick up my chilleans at the end of the month,i like starting a few at a time or more,and yes it sounds good ,i'll start mine at 1.010....they always finish out great at least that's what my wife and her lady friends say,need to make a moto kit next they already went through 24 bottles and it wasn't summer...
smiley32.gif

joeswine said:
I will start this when i pick up my chilleans at the end of the month,i like starting a few at a time or more,and yes it sounds good ,i'll start mine at 1.010....they always finish out great at least that's what my wife and her lady friends say,need to make a moto kit next they already went through 24 bottles and it wasn't summer...
smiley32.gif

Joe:

I hope it starts out a bit higher than 1.010.

Steve

"
Joe:

I hope it starts out a bit higher than 1.010.

Steve"

Joe should know better... LOL

I know his fingers go faster then the brain..

I will see him in a couple of hours at our Wine Club Meeting. We will be meeting @ Gino's. Mike will tell us about the Chilean grapes/juices and his trip there.

for some reason my reply didn't connect,,1.10..still a mind glitch.......................thats what happens wade went you don't think outside the box
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif

well here is how it is sg started at 1.08...thats the equivalent of 3 quart jars of simple syurp...........usuallt use 4...rand short..getting old and forgetfully''''''''''
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley32.gif

Joe,
Brett @ BYOB said you just got the kit. Was there today

actually picked it up last week,,,,2nd day in the process, sold my batch of VOIGNIER ,TO A CUSTOMER OF MINE,couldn't refuse the offer,30 bottles for $10.00 per bottle,,,he costumed labeled,,,don't want to get in the habit ,but it helps fund the rest of the years wine purchases.....this kit smells rich .......keep you imfrormed.............

fermentation is almost comlete ,smells real good at this point,TEPE did you talk to bob about the july meeting?

Back