Interesting carboy pickup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calvus

Reaction score
Went to pick up three carboys from an ad on craigslist. He had 12 total and there was this old water carboy labeled "From the hills of Hollywood: Magnetic Springs Water" Cant really find much about the company but thought it was a pretty cool bottle to hold some wine. Anyone else with some older carboys with advertizements? Something kind of neat about using older glass.
DSCN1238.jpg

DSCN1239.jpg

Great looking carboys. I have a couple and I find tht the opening is slightly smaller than the carboys I buy from wine equipment suppliers. For example, I cannot fit my drill mounted stirrer into the water bottles. Almost, but not quite. I have to keep this in min when preparing to de-gas. If you have a stirrer, see if it fits into the carboys you purchased.

WHAT!!! I just scored 5 5 gallon carboys for $30. I thought the craigslist ad was going to be for 30 each. But for 5? I better find something in the fridge to ferment. And a pic of the peach that is happily fermenting away with Cote des Blancs.
DSCN1292.jpg
DSCN1289.jpg

Back