Mosti Mondiale Impressions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I pulled the plug on the new Impressions kits and went with the Barolo to start and since it came with both a raisin and grape pack I may have to break the rules and go with both on this one. I will probably also be getting the Merlot and Chateau to boot as my reds are getting dangerously low right now. With those Ill just use the grape pack I think. Also thinking about getting another floor corker as mine is just starting to give me problems after 1000's probably more like in the 10's of thousands of bottles.

I started a Castel del Papa yesterday. The primary bucket is full. I'm using Arkansas white oak and will ferment to dry (always do). High SG.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Dude,
You know the rules.
Pics or it didn't happen.......
smiley36.gif

I'll try to send pictures. SG was 1.10. without grape pack.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

How did I adjust the picture down to 200 MB last week on my MAC? I'm trying.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"><div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

I will have pics and I will split it amongst 2 buckets for now. I still havent bought a bigger fermenter and with both a raisin and a grape pack I fear this cup will runneth over!!

On a Mac its pretty easy. Drag the pic to your desktop if its in iPhoto. Then open it in Preview.
Adjust the size under Tools/Adjust size.
Set the size to 900 x (something) so its not HUGE.
Then go to File/ save as and use the slider bar so that the pic is under 200KB. Save it and then upload it to FVW and post.
You will get an error message but you did upload the file, try again, and this time the file is already one of the options to pick from. Choose it and done!

John Prince said:
How did I adjust the picture down to 200 MB last week on my MAC? I'm trying.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"><div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

IMG_1600.jpg

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Pretty full! I bet it bubbles over in a day or two.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Looks like you got it figured out.
That doesn't look like a kit wine, looks like fresh grapes!
Beautiful!
smiley32.gif

So is this an Impressions kit or the Renaissance. If Impressions what do you intend to do with the grape pack that came with it? I will start mine when I come back from Church today. Stay tuned. John, this isnt my thread, its a thread on Mosti Impressions Barolo so if you have one jump right in, well, dont jump in as that would be a little unsanitary!! :)

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 1480px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I'm making Castel del Papa Impressions kit from Renaissance.<div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">The SG was after the grape pack 1.10. I'm using Arkansas white oak from a buddy's sawmill.<div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">We keep our house around 65 degree during the winter in Arkansas so I'm using a brew belt.<div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I added the grape pack at the beginning. I will ferment to dry in the primary bucket.<div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I might cold storage it? Any thoughts on cold storage.</td></tr></t></table>

Waiting onmy Impressions Amarone to be deliverednext week and fire up. Looks like you added grapepak/oak straightin but also looks like abag in there as well?Wondering what kind of oak comes with these MM kits?

Serious?
Your going to "experiment" on this brand new high end kit with oak from "a buddies sawmill".....
Its your $$$$ but I don't believe you will find anyone on this forum that would recommend doing this. If you want to experiment with this oak, play with a gallon, make 5 gallons per directions. I can almost guarantee disaster down the road.

John Prince said:
<div ="msg"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I'm making Castel del Papa Impressions kit from Renaissance.<div ="msg"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">The SG was after the grape pack 1.10. I'm using Arkansas white oak from a buddy's sawmill.<div ="msg"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">We keep our house around 65 degree during the winter in Arkansas so I'm using a brew belt.<div ="msg"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I added the grape pack at the beginning. I will ferment to dry in the primary bucket.<div ="msg"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1331px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I might cold storage it? Any thoughts on cold storage.</span>

How the heck did you order it yesterday and have it to start today after church Wade? You have a direct pipeline or something? I wish I could afford one of those puppies, but I'm just a poor startup winery.

I have a buddy that is a wino that samples my Summer Breeze wine. I ask him for some clean white oak in May. Every week I turned them to air dry. I cooked them in the toaster for 10 minutes. They look great and smell terrific. I hope it comes out okay. 18 months from now I'll know for sure.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

I had pretty much the same thing with some white oak as I explained in a thread somewhere a few days ago and the results were not good! I hope this works out for you!
Rich, I said I pulled the plug on this kit in another thread but it didnt say to my recollection that I had pulled the plug just then. I ordered it last Sunday and when it came it it was very cold so I opened the box and its been sitting in my wine making room coming t temp. Its ready to get started right now and I will proceed after I get something in my belly!

Here is this batch and it ended up right at 1.102 before the raisin pack.
Juice.JPG

grape_pack.JPG

Bentonite.JPG

Yeast.JPG

Done.JPG

Latest posts

Back