I suppose I may as well!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbylet

Junior
Reaction score
My mother and stepfather started making wine several years ago, and I was surprised at how good they were. After talking about how I was going to make wine for a couple of years my husband figured it was time for me to actually get around to it and bought me a starting wine kit last Christmas.

I finally DID at the beginning of the month. My mom moved to Mexico but left me some frozen cherries that had been taunting me, so the first wine I made was cherry/plum/concord grape with some other random things thrown in. It may end up being a total loss but it was a (kinda) fun learning experience.
I really wish I had taken this up when they were still living here so I would've have an easier time getting advice but I am glad I found this forum!

So now I have the fruit wine, a gallon of Welch's concord, an Island Mist green apple Riesling and a Cellar Craft Chilean Cab going, and the this has been a great place to find answers and advice so far!

Ask anything you feel you need to know and we will do our best to answer here.

You need to study this site and work hard so that you can prepare for the "BATTLE OF THE BOTTLES" next Christmas. Your mom will show up with her wine and you'll bring out a bottle of your finest. Let the battle begin!

Back