Howdy!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guckles

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I've been browsing your forums for a while, and decided I'd join up. I'm a newbie working on my second kit (WE Chilean Malbec). The first kit, a WE Zinfandel, is freshly bottled and seems to have turned out okay, thanks in no small part to all the helpful advice I read here! There are some real experts here!

I'm in Corpus Christi, TX. A quick look at The Map shows there aren't a lot of us down here. :-( If you're nearby and know of a good homebrew store, let me know!

Looking forward to making some wine with you guys!

Welcome to the forums!

20110703_131806_kgo_057.gif

For some reason there are not too many good LHBS in the South Texas area. You may have to go to SA or even Austin to find a really good one.

Welcome to the forums!

20110703_131806_kgo_057.gif

For some reason there are not too many good LHBS in the South Texas area. You may have to go to SA or even Austin to find a really good one.

Thanks for the welcomes! I'd been to the one in SA and really liked it. I guess it's good to know I didn't miss one closer to home!

I'm from ABQ, NM originally. Good luck with the fire season up there.

Welcome. You can be our Corpus Christi root stock. As you share your passion for wine making, you're sure to either find some other wine makers and maybe even get some new ones started. I enjoy it so much, that I've taken to teaching wine-making classes and have helped over 150 students get started.

I was afraid I'd be booted off, since there have been so many spammers joining recently. Glad I passed the tests! :)

Welcome!

There are a couple of LHBS here in my area, but I have found it works well for me to order most of my kits and supplies from George at Finevinewines in Dallas (one of our sponsors). Compared to the local LHBS's, his prices are good enough to offset the shipping costs, not to mention the knowledge he and Joseph bring to the table.

Dear Mr. Guckles I feel it's important to inform you after a lengthy conversation you did pass but it was not unanimous. You see as you were taking your test I saw you looking at the answers the person to the right of you were writing down. I thought it was a clever short cut, Steve was just beside himself and Julie said "off with his head". Well Steve and I over ruled her this time. So you might want to walk softly around her for a while. Now if you really want to feel like you're part of the party stop into the chat room some time and take Buford and Bernadette out for a walk sometime (I don't advise wearing a straw hat).

You will see we are the friendliest, fastest growing and most informative wine forum on the internet. If you don't believe me ask djrockinsteve!

Uh Oh! I got caught! I was hoping nobody had seen that little sideways glance... :e

Of course, I guess that's why we're all here, really; to cheat off each other's knowledge. Maybe that's why you guys were lenient! ;)

Welcome when you go to the club house don't bend over in front of Buford the last one that did ended up laying on his face six feet away

Back