Howdy from TN!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know how excited I am to be a part of the winemaking family. My fater-in-law got me started last month. He has been making his own for about 2 years now and was enjoying it so much(I was just enjoying drinking it!) so, I had to give it a try. At first I was overwhelmed with everything since I am a "self-claimed profectionist" as I told George the first time I emailed him. He just told me to remember this was not golf ! But, the more I read sometimes the more confused I get that is why I am glad I have someone to "bug" with qustions besides George (thanks for all your help!). So, to update everyone on my status I have 3 wines working in the secondaries Pear, Muscadine, and Plum. All I can say is so far everything seems ok....only time will tell! Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

Welcome cowgirl,

Just take your time and be patient although I know it is hard to do and before you know it you will be a pro!!!

Ramona

Welcome Allison, wine making is not rocket science. believe me if I can do it, anyone can!
smiley36.gif

Allison, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are on the right track!! Relax and enjoy the process!!!! Let us know how your 3 wines are doing so far.
smiley4.gif

Welcome Allison, this is a neat place that they have here.

Hello Allison, Im new here to goodluck with your wine.I have a shiraz cooking at the moment should be racking in a week.

Welcome Allison to a great forum and a great hobby...Have fun and enjoy..

Hello Allison. Welcome. This forum has alot of help, knowledge and friendly people. Have fun with it and enjoy. Don't be afraid to ask.

Hi, and Welcome!
What City in TN do you live in?

When youget good at this maybe you could teach me.

I live in Bolivar TN which is about 60 miles East of Memphis. I am unfortunately not close to Chatanooga or we could meet and compare notes! Good thing we all can come together online! I was so jealous when I got the email about the bottling party going on at Fine Vines...just could not make it this time...gas is tooo expensive
smiley19.gif

Hello and welcome to the forums. Sorry I missed you initial post. Look forward to reading your posts. Is your Father in Law here on the firums to?

cowgirlallison said:
I live in Bolivar TN which is about 60 miles East of Memphis. I am unfortunately not close to Chatanooga or we could meet and compare notes! Good thing we all can come together online! I was so jealous when I got the email about the bottling party going on at Fine Vines...just could not make it this time...gas is tooo expensive
smiley19.gif
So are plane tickets! So I visit the "store" online too. Welcome to the forum Allison.
J

Back