How do you try your siphon tubes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
How do you try your siphon tubes?

I left mine hanging for a few days, but it still retained some moisture.

I rinse them well and then do the helicopter dance; that gets almost all of the moisture out. I then hang them and they dry over a few days.

I dry the outside, give 'em the windmill treatment, spritz some sulfite inside and hang 'em ocross a couple hooks on the pegboard.

Same thing - i rinse them out - give the windmill treatment - and let the air dry. Once they are dry i return them back to my corkidor.

After I rinse them, I shoot a cotton ball thru with air from my nail gun compressor. :b

I just whip them like everyone else and then just throw them in my corkidor.

Lurker- That would make a great You tube video. I would love to see that in action.

Lurker- That would make a great You tube video. I would love to see that in action.
If I knew how to put it on the tube, I would. I just aim the tubing at a wall so that I don't have to go searching for the cotton ball after I shoot it. :b

How do you try your siphon tubes? I left mine hanging for a few days, but it still retained some moisture.

It's okay if the tube has some moisture in it if you make sure you have cleaned & sanitized it just before its next use. I spin mine a few times to get the major water out of it, then hang it on a hook to let it dry til I need it next. :d

Agreed with the windmill action and then into my corkidor... although now that I have a new use for my air compressor I will be trying to shoot a cotton ball through it.... what the heck are tools for if you can't get enjoyment out of them and shooting cotton balls through food grade tubing is an outstanding idea

Back