House guest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flood it maye just to see aht it is. I like all animals, dont get me wrong. Id hunt and stuff like that but dont really belive i killing an animal just to do it.

Flood it maye just to see aht it is. I like all animals, dont get me wrong. Id hunt and stuff like that but dont really belive i killing an animal just to do it.
I've hand fed porcupines and skunks in the wild. But that wasn't while I was sleeping! I don't even care if it's a skunk. I just don't want to be someone's nursery in the Spring!

run a hose from your car exhust down into the hole (ensure you git the hell outa there). Then let yur dog go down and git er later on in the day. Or you could put out a dish of anti freeze for it to drink but again don't let your dog around it or it'll kill it pretty quick also.:s

STOP ALL TRAPS AND POISON!!! tROY IS MISSING AND YOU GOT YOURSELF A NEW HOUSE GUEST HIDING OUT. PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER, wHAT DO YOU THINK? Sick the dogs on em?:w:w:w

It's a perfect set for a Conibear trap, but I don't have one. We have cats running all over the place, so poison and extraneous traps are out. I set a Havaheart trap under the sink, but all it did was move it, trying to drag it down the hole!

OP... I use live traps... I can not tell you how many animals I have relocated down to the boat docks. I don't know what you have there, but if it is hungry it will squeeze into the trap. I have two sizes... the largest is about 3 feet long and about one foot square. A pretty large animal can get in if it is hungry.
Catch it and send it airmail to Troy... trap and all.
HB

OP... I use live traps... I can not tell you how many animals I have relocated down to the boat docks. I don't know what you have there, but if it is hungry it will squeeze into the trap. I have two sizes... the largest is about 3 feet long and about one foot square. A pretty large animal can get in if it is hungry.
Catch it and send it airmail to Troy... trap and all.
HB
I have the next size smaller. Suitable for squirrels and rabbits, too small for cats.

After evicting the critter, I'd say invest in some concrete blocks and mortar to get that hole sealed up.

Try dusting the area around the hole with a bag of flour so you can see what type of tracks your guest is leaving. NEVER trap a skunk without a long rope tied to your trap.

Try dusting the area around the hole with a bag of flour so you can see what type of tracks your guest is leaving. NEVER trap a skunk without a long rope tied to your trap.
I was actually going to use the flour trick under the sink, until I realized it wasn't getting all the way up there. If I clear off the top shelf in the root cellar, and bait it, it will probably work.
As for the rope on the trap, the only options are 1) live trap, throw a cover over the trap to keep 'em calm, and relocate 'em, or 2) use a Conibear trap that snuffs 'em so fast they don't release their musk. And that only works about 80%-90% of the time.

It may remain a mystery until Spring.
Pick your favorite:

1. The moth balls chased it away permanently.
2. It went into hibernation.
3. It died of starvation.
4. The tunnel was a portal to the Underworld, and the Dark Elves captured the rogue Green Elf and took him back where he came from.

Some sheet metal cut to fit against the wall under the sink may be a good idea.

If it comes back you can always do what the organic blueberry farm accross the way does for golphers. They run a line from a propane tank into the hole. Propane is heaver then air so it all stays down in the hole. Then ignite the gas. BOOM! There were burn holes coming out of the yard across the street, but I guess that's organic pest controll for ya.

Torch, that's funny. Any connection between that story, and your 'handle'? :)

Well...THEY'RE (it's) BACK! I feel like I'm IN a poltergeist movie...or an episode of Twilight Zone. Last night the dog went off again. I found part of the insulation around the cold water pipe, between the floor and the ground, was removed. Also...and here's the freaky part...all the mothballs laying on the ground under the hole beneath the sink were removed!
Now, unless the "thing" has hands, it had to pick up the mothballs in its mouth to move them. WTF? No signs of scratching, or clawing them away. Also, the trap in my sink was separated. Was it trying to climb up the drain pipe???
I have to shovel the snow away from the access door, but if I go down in the root cellar and find those mothballs in the tunnel were removed....<theme from Jaws playing in the background>

If it comes back you can always do what the organic blueberry farm accross the way does for golphers. They run a line from a propane tank into the hole. Propane is heaver then air so it all stays down in the hole. Then ignite the gas. BOOM! There were burn holes coming out of the yard across the street, but I guess that's organic pest controll for ya.

A propane bomb under the house... now there's a good idea...

My nick comes from a different story involving 100 proof Pepermint shots. Although I have caught quite a few things on fire in my time...all accidently of course :p

See if anyone has a rotwiler they wouldn't might letting sleep in your basement.

Latest posts

Back