Hospitals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomy

Reaction score
After no sleep thursday night because I just couldn't get my breath when I layed down, enough was enough, and after a few phone calls my wife took me to the ER of a hospital 30 miles away from home. They ask a lot of questions, and poked, prodded, and listened as I sat on a gurney that was like cement. I was hooked up to a machine that checked my heart, and with those two little plastic tubes up my nose giving me oxygen that smelled like wine gone bad I started down the road that 3 1/2 hours later led to me jumping off the gurney with a behind I couldn't feel any more, blood streaming down both arms because they couldn't get a needle in my veins, and a blood pressure deal on my arm that felt like Hulk Hogan squeezing it when it kicked in. Finally Doctor Sanchez walked inlooking like a retired bull fighter, and in a thick Mexican accent asked how I was doing tonight. ten seconds into my rant I looked over to my wife setting quietly in a chair in the corner and got the look. You know the one that says your being a idiot again dear, so I buttoned my lip and let her take over. She stood up and walked over to the Doctor and started talking to him in a low voice that I couldn't even hear. Whin five minutes I was taken up to a room and my healing was started with some meds, and a pretty good dinner. They gave me lasix for the water in my lungs, and the next afternoon with a prescription in hand I left the hospital feeling like a new man. Its too bad they seem to have to hurt you before the healing starts, but it seems thats sop for a hospital.

Sorry about your hospital experience Lord only knows I could write a book on that subject. Am glad you are feeling better.

So glad you are doing better now.

It sounds like you have the same hospital as we do here. A couple weeks ago when I took my wife in to the ER, It was almost 2 hours to get into a room, then 2 hours to see a doctor and another 3 hours for tests and then another 2 hours for emergency surgery. After the operation the doctor revealed there was a huge gallstone they are still showing around the hospital blocking the ducts in the liver(she has no gall bladder). It had caused the liver to swell and had killed part of the tissue around the duct. Here she was on the verge of dying and they were admitting people to be seen right away for the flu. The other woman in the emergency room with my wife had a headache. I guess it's who you know not how sick you are.

Anyway, have a speedy recovery there Tomy. You will be back to your wine before you know it.

tomy,
Glad you are feeling better, Thanks for the stories. I work for a MD and it makes me remember the patient's side of medical care. Thanks..

Ramona

Glad you are on the mend....

I hate Hospitals too...ER's, Tests, Machines, being poked and prodded, Surgeries, Xrays, Tubes, CT Scans, MRI's, Chemo and all that stuff....But modern medicine is wonderful...They do save lives now a day that would have been lost had we all been living in a different age....

It's so great to recover from an illness....the mind forgets...the body heals and....Life is Good!!!

Hospital procedures are one of lifes necessary evils.Hope you continue to improve

GOOD MORNING TOMY,hope your feeling better ,but boy do I understand that look
smiley3.gif
its almost terrifing at times is as if she could read my thoughts and I reply to her without saying a word YA! the look,even mom had one must be a woman thing?
smiley2.gif
get better soon this week I send to handyman454,next week we talk OK///jp

Thanks for the good wishes, I feel great now, and the pill I must take every day is no big deal. My wife is a bit over 5 ft but stands 10 ft tall when dealing with people and making them understand why it would be in their best interest to do it her way now. Thanks again Tomy

Latest posts

Back