Hi, I'm new!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerShannon

Reaction score
So my husband got me one of those kits that makes 4 bottles of wine for Christmas. I made it. I drank half of it. Last week I went to the local Home brewers store and bought an equipment kit and the RJ Spagnols Vida de something or other Pinot Grigio. It is in my kitchen fermenting and sort of stinks.
smiley5.gif
Anyway...I ordered today (From George) 2 more carboys, 2 more fermenting buckets and a Reisling kit and a Zinfandel kit. I'm obsessed!!! I think what has really got me obsessed witht his is reading this forum for the past few days. You all make me want to make more wine! I love reading the things everyone posts here. And thank you all for the help you didn't even know you were giving me!
Shannon

Glad to have you aboard Shannon. Have you ever tried a fruit wine? Where abouts do you reside?

I am going to try Strawberry in the spring. I grow my own.(I'm thinking of growing grapes now) I'm in Northern Utah. Sadly most of the wines I have tried came from a box, because thats what my mom and Grandma always had. I have learned though! I want to try a port soon.

LOL...I started going to the liquor store to buy random bottles of wine a while ago. I didn't drink any boxed wine for a while and last time I tried it I was shocked. Its awful!!! I can't believe they drink it! I can't wait til mine is done and I can show them what they are missing. I might have to buy one of these
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDetA.asp?PartNumber=5210
funny things to convince them to drink it though!

Alright we have our own Biker Chick here now
smiley36.gif

Glad you found us. I fixed your link so I could see what you wanted to buy. That's funny...... gotta trick them into drinking good wine by putting it in a bag or box! LOL

BikerShannon said:
Thank you for fixing the link...
BTW, I mean Bicycle.
smiley1.gif
Do you bike?

I figured you meant that, but we do have a few bikers (motorcycle) here! Don't let Wade fool you, he's too busy for a recliner!

Welcome Shannon ! I have an Ice wine on and a German Riesling as well . Tomorrow I will start another batch and 2 more coming !!!! I am addicted as well......
Welcome
Granny

Welcome shannon. Glad to have you onboard..Want to try a good Port huh? See if your local liquor store has or can get you a Taylor Fladgate, 10 year old tawny Port

Welcome shannon. Yes, I understand about getting hooked. You read the posts on this forum, you look at the catalog, you think, "I can do that," and the next thing you know, you are learning the art of patience. You have a winery full of carboys aging and you are thinking, "Wine, wine everywhere but not a drop to drink!" Yes, make sure you get a good port as Waldo mentions. Don't let a salesman sell youa vintage port. They must age for a long time and they are very expensive. Waldo's suggestion is a good one. Have a good time!
smiley1.gif

BikerShannon said:
I am going to try Strawberry in the spring. I grow my own.(I'm thinking of growing grapes now) I'm in Northern Utah. Sadly most of the wines I have tried came from a box, because thats what my mom and Grandma always had. I have learned though! I want to try a port soon.

Welcome Shannon,
smiley32.gif

Always nice to get a newbee here.
Youdon't have to wait till spring to make Strawberry wine, Last year I used frozen berries from Sams.
BTW you are on you way from a new winemaker to being obsessed in making wine like "most" (me) of us. LOL

Remember please ask questions so we have something to do and not be riding on a recliner.

Welcome Shannon. This forum is a fantastic place with lots of helpful people and information. Do you mountain bike or road bike? I'm thinking about dusting off my mountain bike and putting it to use this spring.

Welcome aboard Shannon, we are almost neighbors in this ever shrinking world.

Jeff

I'm stopping on my way home for Port then! I just hope I don't have to drive to Salt lake to find it.
Moto Girl, I ride both mountain and road. I also have a bike I ride to Starbucks, because it has a cupholder on the handlebars.
smiley2.gif

Howdy neighbor Jeff!

Welcome to the family............. You will no doubt make a good wino like the rest of us........
smiley1.gif

Hay Shannon, I would not be surprised if youcan't find a good port in UT. The state liquor laws over there are out of the stone ages.

Welcome Shannon....Glad you are here...

Your going to love making your own wines and sharing with your relatives and friends....They will love it so much you will never have enough.....So, dive in with both feet and make more.

P.S....Have everyone start saving bottles....lots of them.

Back