Hi Folks!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol Tex

Junior
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while. Seems like a friendly group and I decided to joinso thought I ought to introduce myself.My wife and I are retired and live in Mineral Wells, TX. I've got my first batch of wine going and ready to rack into the secondary and this site has been a valuable source of information. I'm looking forward to learning more.

John

John,
Welcome !
Here is a wealth of knowledge all you ahve to do to tap it is ASK questions. We are here to help you.
Tell us what you made etc.

Welcome Ol Tex. Glad to have you join us here! Just watch out for sampling volunteers- they sprout up everywhere when somebody is making a good batch!

Say!
Did anyone tell him (Ol Tex) the first 5 who responds to a new winemaker gets a bottle of his 1st batch ?

Welcome Ol Tex,

I like tepe's remark since I made it in by the 4th responder
smiley1.gif

Enjoy and share the knowledge

Ole Tex, welcome to the Forum!!! Hope you enjoy the fun and knowledge here!!
smiley36.gif

I'm pretty sure that it's everyone who responds. I remember reading somewhere that we need to sample the new person's wine to make sure they don't need some fine tunning help.
smiley17.gif

welcome aboard!

Welcome Ol tex. glad you decided to join our ever growing family here. Sorry Scott but we changed the rules and now its the forth person who responds is the 1 to send out all their wine!
smiley4.gif

Welcome from aretired newbie. What wine are you making? You know, the rules about sharing your first wine are rather obscure.
smiley5.gif
I really think that newbies should share with each other just to see how our craft is progressing. What do you think?
smiley1.gif

wade said:
Welcome Ol tex. glad you decided to join our ever growing family here. Sorry Scott but we changed the rules and now its the forth person who responds is the 1 to send out all their wine!
smiley4.gif

Well Wade I can't keep up with al the changes but send me your address and...... wait, better yet I'll send you my address and you can swing by and pick it up. Yea that'a the ticket.
smiley4.gif

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. Look forward to reading your posts and sharing the progression of your winemaking adventures.

Welcome Old Tex............Where is Mineral Wells? I'm in Houston.

Enjoy winemaking and all of the nice folks here on the Forum.

Ramona

Thanks everyone for your kind words of welcome. My first batch is an apple/raspberry recipe combination of a couple of Jack Keller's recipes from juice. I just racked it into a secondary and couldn't resist a couple of glasses for a taste test. Whoa Nellie!!! Gonna hafta be careful with this stuff. Excellent fruit flavors, semi-dry, but has a definite KICK. I'll post the recipe later and pics of us. Thanks again!
John

Oh Yeah...Mineral Wells is about 40 minutes west of Ft. Worth...in the northern hill country of Texas...our little piece of Heaven.
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back