Hello!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonH

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been reading the forum and decided to sign up. It seems like there are a lot of good people who know what they are talking about around here. I live in Pittsburgh and have been making homemade wines for the past 7 years including most common fruits. I'm looking forward to sharing what I've picked up over the years and learning knew things from all of you.

Another Pa'er!!!!!!! :re Just kidding, we love all wine and beer makers from anywhere. You sure produce a lot of wine makers out there in PA.

Hi JasonH,

This is really strange but my oldest son's name is Jason and his last name starts with an H but currently he does not live around here. Where abouts in Pittsburgh are you? There are several members here from Pittsburgh, I am about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. What kind of wines have you made?

Welcome to winemakingtalk.

OMG!
Another p-burger... You guys/gals should start a Wine Club !

welcome!! wow! i wanna be in Pa now....i feel so left out as the only wine-o in delaware LOL

I live in Fombell (just outside of Cranberry). Its kind of out in the country so there are a lot of berries and fruit trees that I take advantage of. Over the years I've made 2-5 gallon batches of strawberry, cherry, apple, grapefruit, plum, peach, Erie grapes, and I'm sure there are others that I've forgotten about I've actually never used a kit so I'm definitely interested in some suggestions. Fortunately, a few of my friends have started showing interest and taking a liking to wine drinking so I'm thinking about starting a kit with a friend to get him introduced to the hobby.

Jason, you're a bottle short and a week late! The big party was last Saturday right in your neighborhood. Welcome aboard and join in any time. Lots of knowlegeable people on here. You said you buy Erie grapes, where are you getting them from or are you buying the juice?

Welcome aboard. PA is a large state so one would expect a good amount of people that make wine.
There are a some really great people here.

Jason welcome to the forum, we can always use more PA members:try

Jason, you're a bottle short and a week late! The big party was last Saturday right in your neighborhood. Welcome aboard and join in any time. Lots of knowlegeable people on here. You said you buy Erie grapes, where are you getting them from or are you buying the juice?

I haven't got the grapes in a few years, but when I did I got them from the orchard down the road. Its hard to keep track of all the parties they throw out here. I think there has been a big one every weekend for the past two months. My neighbors across the street line their driveway with fireworks (its a huge driveway) every fourth and throw quite the celebration.

Latest posts

Back