Hello from Western NY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrown

Junior
Reaction score
Greetings, been lurking and soaking up knowledge here for a while so decided to join and say hello (and thanks!)

My wife and I made up a batch of Eclipse Cabernet a few years ago at a local wine boutique. We got hooked and decided to make the one-time investment to start doing it ourselves (or myself LOL)

Since then, I've bottled 4 more Eclipse & LE batches, have 2 more in carboys and a few sitting boxed waiting for my time to free up (thanks to great prices from my not-so-local HBS) I have only used WE kits to this point because of the availability and the price that I can obtain them at. However, we have some travels upcoming that will allow me to visit some other HBS that carry different products and I most definitely will be making some purchases.

I like to tinker and as such, have strayed from standard kit instructions with good success. Always interested in hearing about what has worked for others.

I've only made big reds to this point, but my wife has been bugging me for a white...so I'm going to try my first chardonnay soon. Any opinions on 16L chardonnay kits would be welcome!

John

Welcome to the forum!

When I moved last year from CT to PA I wound up switching from RJS kits to WE kits. This is because I no longer have a LHBS and it turns out that WE kits wind up less expensive with the online ordering than comparable RJS kits.

I did only kits for about 2 1/2 years before expanding into fruit/country wines. I now enjoying doing both kits and country wines. Have you considered doing any fruit/country wines?

Welcome to the forum!

When I moved last year from CT to PA I wound up switching from RJS kits to WE kits. This is because I no longer have a LHBS and it turns out that WE kits wind up less expensive with the online ordering than comparable RJS kits.

I did only kits for about 2 1/2 years before expanding into fruit/country wines. I now enjoying doing both kits and country wines. Have you considered doing any fruit/country wines?

Hi Bill,

For now, I'm content on kit winemaking. I really enjoy dry red wine and am happy with what I've been able to make thus far. Maybe I'll try using fresh grapes someday but I haven't really considered fruit wines.

John

Back